Do I need to get a TM30?

Just relocAted and asked landlords to fill out the forms for the tm30. She took the documents to immigration, and they were rude to her, and didn't give her anything. She gave me the documents and said if I want it I would need to do it myself.

Well I don't particularly want to go be abused if it's not necessary or my job, especially since it will probably cost money and a day of time. Do I need to do it now?

You should be able to put it off until you next need to have any dealings with Immigration (e.g. through a 90-day report or extension of stay).

Unless you live in Chiang Mai, of course.

Edited by OJAS

5 hours ago, OJAS said:

You should be able to put it off until you next need to have any dealings with Immigration (e.g. through a 90-day report or extension of stay).

Is there a rhyme or a reason to this TM30? I am going thru the extension process, and have a valid TM30 receipt in my passport from the same immigration office, but they told me when I come back to hand in the paperwork, that they want a fresh TM30 filled out, kind of weird.

The TM.30 is for the "house-master, possessor or owner" of a residence to notify immigration of the arrival of a foreigner staying at the residence.

The reason seems to be to have a record where a foreigner stays during his visit to Thailand and his stay in the country.

Theoretically, if there has been no notification of your having arrived to stay at another residence than the one you are currently staying, no new TM.30 notification is necessary but some immigration offices do not understand and implement this requirement that way.

14 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

Or Jomtien.

Actually I just submit a TM-30 whenever I have dealings with the Chon Buri Immigration in Jomtien.  They've never raised an eye and seem to be satisfied each time.  My last visit there was a couple of weeks ago.

On 01/02/2017 at 3:04 PM, OJAS said:

Why Chiang Mai?  

I have tm30 etc - knew nothing about such a From until I went for my Driving License - but obtained tm30 quite easily at Promenada.

So thought better 'do things right' and went back for my wife to get a tm30.

We were roundly rebuffed - no idea why - we both have Non O Imm 12 month Retirement Visas - always staying same place every year for many months each year - cannot stay all year as wife has treatment needs elsewhere.

Quite frankly wondering what on earth is going on?

We are going to try again tomorrow - this time will be insistent on answers -  if we really are not wanted in Thailand then OK.:sleep:

Bets Rgds.

1 hour ago, factseeker said:

Why Chiang Mai?  

I have tm30 etc - knew nothing about such a From until I went for my Driving License - but obtained tm30 quite easily at Promenada.

So thought better 'do things right' and went back for my wife to get a tm30.

We were roundly rebuffed - no idea why - we both have Non O Imm 12 month Retirement Visas - always staying same place every year for many months each year - cannot stay all year as wife has treatment needs elsewhere.

Quite frankly wondering what on earth is going on?

We are going to try again tomorrow - this time will be insistent on answers -  if we really are not wanted in Thailand then OK.:sleep:

Bets Rgds.

Because they appear to be particularly over-zealous when compared to most other offices in enforcing the TM30 requirement according to reports on both this and the Chiang Mai local forum - e.g. insisting on  a fresh form being submitted each time you return from a trip abroad even to the same address as before.

Looks like you might have been rebuffed by an officer who had got out of bed on a different side to that of his/her colleagues that morning!:biggrin: