Short extentension for non b visa possible?

My non b visa runs out on Feb 19 but my work permit and work contract are until March 17 and March 31 respectively.  Is it possible to extend my non b until March 17 ( day work permit ends) by going to my local immigration office and paying the 1900 baht fee and complete all the paperwork I usually need for my yearly renewal. The dates don't add up because a few years back the nice gent at immigration only gave me 11 months instead of 12.  

There is no short extension you can apply for.
They may might accept the application and do a under consideration stamp until you can supply a new contract and renewed work permit.

I'm curious - why can't immigration extend until 17 march when the work permit expires, particularly as there is still a valid contract

I'm curious - why can't immigration extend until 17 march when the work permit expires, particularly as there is still a valid contract

Work permits are issued by ministry of labour, immigration has their set of rules independent from ministry of labour.

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

3 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

The TM 7 states '...in the kingdom for another period of .................days' I assume that means that the applicant can choose the length of the term up to one year.

You cannot request shorter or longer extensions than what are allowed. For example, 30, 90 or one year (365 days).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

The TM 7 states '...in the kingdom for another period of .................days' I assume that means that the applicant can choose the length of the term up to one year.

Different situations have different set lengths of stay.

I.E. 30 days, 60 days,  12 months.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot request shorter or longer extensions than what are allowed. For example, 30, 90 or one year (365 days).

Okay, since I have never applied for less than one year, I really didn't know. Thanks