merging into turning lane to jump the queue -- any official rule about that?

andreww

Folks, 

On the video the Fortuner is trying to merge into turning lane, rudely cutting in line: the intersection just opened, cars started to move, there were a dozen cars behind me waiting to turn, and he bluntly inserted himself in front of me, even not bothering to signal in advance. Kudos to the policemen for recognizing his maneuver, but it made me wonder -- what's the official rule prohibiting such action? 

Ignorance and rudeness are just par for the course on Thai roads. When there are two lanes able to turn right, I see sometimes an extra 1 or 2 extra lanes formed by those too impatient or arrogant to lower themselves to get in the designated lanes. Of course when the lanes get the green light, those extra outside lanes have to bulldoze their way in to make the right hand turn. It's infuriating, but it's not going to change.

He crossed into another lane which means he should have given you priority. No white lines painted on what looks like a new piece of road but even if there were, TIT.

I consider this to be completely normal behaviour and at the same time, who hasn't suddenly noticed that he forgot to get into the correct lane occasionally?

12 hours ago, fullcave said:

In Thailand, the right lane is for passing. :1zgarz5: 

The right-side lane, as we all know, is reserved for slow moving vehicles, bus convoys, and red-plate lady drivers. The middle lane is reserved for those who like to take a nap while driving, while the left-side lane is reserved for those who like to swerve around potholes (or go fast enough to glide over them). The wrong lane is usually the right lane in Thailand.

Archived