Police stop craft beer talk for fear that building might collapse from too many attendees

snoop1130

Drinking in Singapore is financially draining, so we would buy Chang and add lemons.  It was not really beer anymore after an entire lemon, but it was the cheapest, drinkable option. 

Taiwan beer use to be disgusting, but now it is pretty good.  And Taiwan's alcohol market is open.  Convenience stores had Corona for B50 a bottle and Beer Lao is available also, along with Japanese beers. 

Thailand ranks along side of Malaysia and Singapore as sad places to drink. 

Edited by yellowboat

9 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Thailand ranks along side of Malaysia and Singapore as sad places to drink. 

I agree, they should learn how Europeans love to drink...it's a high quality beer together with nice snacks/bites...yes some peanuts can do but better serve some cold cuts/deepfried stuff/cheese/nuts/fish or anything else fatty and salty.

Add a nice view to that (seaview), nice lounchechairs, shade, fans, girls and the place would be crowded especially in Pattaya.

Oh and don't allow streetvendors to enter the place and play nice music...not too loud.

22 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

instead as the police showed concern that the old building they were meeting in could not accommodate so many attendees.

What a unique excuse. Did they do a head count and weight count to come to that conclusion or was it just another easy way out of what they considered a bad situation. So Thai

1 hour ago, Thian said:

I agree, they should learn how Europeans love to drink...it's a high quality beer together with nice snacks/bites...yes some peanuts can do but better serve some cold cuts/deepfried stuff/cheese/nuts/fish or anything else fatty and salty.

Add a nice view to that (seaview), nice lounchechairs, shade, fans, girls and the place would be crowded especially in Pattaya.

Oh and don't allow streetvendors to enter the place and play nice music...not too loud.

The closest right now is probably Hopf, which do brew their own, ok-ish beer. The place is always packed. 

7 hours ago, jerojero said:

And reduce size of your bottles but make sure not to lower price. Thank you for that.

Thainess. Pm asked for innovation and creativity. Brewing your own craft beer is not what he meant. He meant serve less charge more (to the serfs) while his cronies get their liquor and wine from langkawi. *BANANA REPUBLIC* ???

10 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

And we all wonder who is on Singha Corp. payroll?

I was wondering that too. 

I know the police chief is/ was an advisor to Thai Bev, Beer Chang company but not sure about Boon Rawd & Singha Corp..

http://www.buriramtimes.com/thai-police-chief-involved-thaibev-payments-probe/

Edited by ratcatcher

I decided my resistance to inferior beer products would be by means of boycott.  I would instead put my meagre stang in the pocket of those hard working kind hearted Laos Generals and buy a case of Beerlaos as highly acclaimed by non other than Barack.  Unfortunately non of my local shops or distributors stock it and I am told there are import problems.   Again foiled by protectionism!

9 hours ago, humqdpf said:

I never knew that the Thai police employed building engineers who were able to estimate the building strength and based on 80KG per person to work out that the building would not support the weight of the numbers . . . . 

And then I woke up!

I believe that they do have such a team,  made up from experts seconded from  Thai Beverage, Beer Chang company , Boon Rawd  and Singha Corporation; who are well known to be the leading authority on such matters. They report directly to the Chief of Police's office, so there can be no question of their decisions being influenced by "outside interests".

Edited by JAG

1 hour ago, JAG said:

I believe that they do have such a team,  made up from experts seconded from  Thai Beverage, Beer Chang company , Boon Rawd  and Singha Corporation; who are well known to be the leading authority on such matters. They report directly to the Chief of Police's office, so there can be no question of their decisions being influenced by "outside interests".

Not forgetting the expertise of the RTP gentleman on his 50,000 monthly stipend.

12 hours ago, the donger said:

I know the building, and its the same as any in Saphan kwai. There is actually a hostel inside as well, don't see the police closing that down?

I just checked their Facebook page, as I'll be staying in Saphan Kwai in a couple of weeks, and I thought it might be a nice place to go.

It looks like the attention they drew to themselves has created a terminal situation and they have to close.

https://www.facebook.com/Mysticrooftop/

Damn! It looks like a really nice place to chill and have a beer. :annoyed: