Bangkok's Hanging Wires: Yeh, yeh we've heard it all before

webfact

Bangkok's Hanging Wires: Yeh, yeh we've heard it all before

5p.JPEG

Picture: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- Influential news organization Manager has said that Bangkok residents are fed up with endless promises and projects to solve the problem of the city's unsightly hanging wires.

They reported yesterday that the latest pronouncements on the subject made by government spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnert after a ministerial level meeting are likely to be met with derision by the public.

Despite countless projects and promises to spend tens of billions of baht, city residents have been waiting for decades as the problem gets worse and worse, said Manager.

5p1.JPEG

Picture: Manager Obline

Over the years Manager said that many schemes were decided then scrapped. They all concerned burying the wires underground in one way or another.

At one point a budget of nine billion baht was mooted for just three areas of the city.

Plans to bury the cables were finally announced in 2008 then changed as officials could not make up their minds how to actually do it.

Very little has ever been achieved.

Later plans came about that proposed spending 48 billion over a ten year period from 2015.

Manager asked whether this was worth it just for a few isolated areas.

More recently it has been proposed to work on Silom, Pathumwan, Chitlada, Pahonyothin and some areas of Sukhumvit Road. With another six areas under consideration.

Manager just said that Bangkokians will not be holding their breath that anything will be done this time as they had seen the foot

dragging and time wasting all before.

Nothing is ever substantially achieved, they said.

It has also been said that various different methods to finance the projects have come under increasing scrutiny while the jaded public is fed up with corruption.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-02

Sorry, but I cannot agree that nothing has been achieved over the past decade or more.........

Dozens of Ministerial morons, along with their assistants have had safe sinecures for years, creaming millions of Baht for salaries and expenses whilst achieving the square root of sod all.........Is that not an achievement.........:intheclub:

I have to say i am a bit puzled why they do this . They recently put 33bb cable into ouy village  and i and about a dozen other houses in my soi had it installed .The 3bb box is about 300 metres away and they laid a seperate cable from the box to each house ?
surely they could lay a cable to the first house and put a splitter box in then run the cable from there to the next house ?
 There used to be 6 electric cables running passed my house now with 3bb and tot there are about 50  and now cat  and dtac are installing cables .
 Surely in 2017 they must know they do not have to do it this way ?
  Thinking back when i phoned to get it installed a couple of rice farmers came with a pre set up box from 3bb and they put the cable in ..........?

3 hours ago, dazzz said:

I have to say i am a bit puzled why they do this . They recently put 33bb cable into ouy village  and i and about a dozen other houses in my soi had it installed .The 3bb box is about 300 metres away and they laid a seperate cable from the box to each house ?
surely they could lay a cable to the first house and put a splitter box in then run the cable from there to the next house ?
 There used to be 6 electric cables running passed my house now with 3bb and tot there are about 50  and now cat  and dtac are installing cables .
 Surely in 2017 they must know they do not have to do it this way ?
  Thinking back when i phoned to get it installed a couple of rice farmers came with a pre set up box from 3bb and they put the cable in ..........?

The mentality of who cares and no standards or oversight.  It won't change until education changes.

UnF**kin' beliveable!!! :cheesy::clap2:

They couldn't even just bring in one bundle, but that is CLASSIC even for this place.

The advantages of fiber optics hasn't yet sunk in.  But it's far easier just to pull another wire in. 

I know back home EVERY connection is logged and recorded.  One copy at base and another left on site. 

Different companies creates a problem too as one can't use the others cable.

The solution would be to put ALL of the communication lines into government control, it is after all a matter of national security, they could then control and lease the lines to the telecom companies.

Good luck with that one.....

14 hours ago, webfact said:

to spend tens of billions of baht, city residents have been waiting for decades as the problem gets worse and worse,

Its the spending of billions of billions of bahts thats the problem. The military has other more pressing priorities. 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Plans to bury the cables were finally announced in 2008 then changed as officials could not make up their minds how to actually do it.

Put another way, they had no idea how to do it, and there wasn't enough cash on offer from the experts who could have done it.

It might be as well to raise the ones that are at ground level to above farang head height, then drape them with climbing plants.

3 hours ago, elgordo38 said:

Its the spending of billions of billions of bahts thats the problem. The military has other more pressing priorities. 

This would (or should) be down to the BMA, not the military. Actually enforce their B5,000 parking and riding on pavements fine, and they might raise a good percentage of the money ... until the miscreants realise that breaking the law isn't worth it when the cost is that high.