Thai editorial: It’s nice to have our sidewalks back

webfact

Honestly its a good change of scenery getting the vendors off the street. They have been redirected to other markets to make a living which i know of. 

I sincerely hope they be able to enforce the laws with the motorbikes. I also hope they place a bigger fine for those riding without licenses and breaking the traffic rules so once n for all the ones breaking the rules will be scared.

Also please make all traffic police wear a camera so that there is proof of the law breaker to prevent any disputes.

22 hours ago, Fookhaht said:

In some places, the BKK authorities have installed pole barriers to prevent motorbikes from entering the sidewalks.

Our town tried that. Rogue motorbikers tore them out overnight.

Good luck with that one.

Maybe step one is to first convince the BIB to get their own damn motorbikes off the sidewalks, and then enforce the law.

Hope springs eternal.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Many college campuses have a class for students tear down the motorcycle pole barriers Transportation Planning 101

so  all they have to fix  now is the hanging cables, the overhead  canopies that gouge your eyes  out, the massive  holes, broken drain covers, uneven concrete etc etc wahoo..................yawnnnnnnnnnnnn I can hardly  wait