Uk Visit Visa-Spouse Details

If on a Non o, what 'evidence' of returning to Thailand would be needed to show you are returning with your partner after her uk visit, obviously my passport and visas show I have been living in Thailand.

PST.

The point is that this is nothing to do with you, it is solely about the applicant returning to Thailand.

You need to supply a lot more information if you want advice on that.

What does she own here?

Does he have a job?

What family does she have?

The ECO needs to be satisfied that on the balance of probability the applicant will return to Thailand at the end of the visa. If you don't satisfy them on that the application will fail.

Evidence of your time here will only support the relationship part of the criteria.

• Like 1

Hi, thanks, I understand the above, we have been together 10 years, have a child, and yes she works, and she has visited the uk once before(with me)

My point was, that on the check list for her application, it says 'evidence that your spouse has the ability to return to Thailand, eg letter from employee and visa' but I don't currently work, and I have a Non 'o'.

I realise that we have to prove our relationship, it was that particular point I needed help on.

PST

• Like 1

If you and your wife live in Thailand, and you can evidence it, you status in Thailand will certainly help, then then of course you should provide copies of the relevant pages of your passport as supporting evidence, also include copies any passport stamps you may have for other international trips you have made together, it helps the ECO build up a picture of your lives here and the likelihood that your wife will return home with you.

If she works then, yes, give details, if she doesn't and she acts as a home maker then say so, if you live together, give details of your accommodation.

Also write a covering letter, both of you, detailing your lives here and pointing to the relevant evidence.

JIP99 is of course correct in saying that ECO's work on the balance of probabilities, it's the applicants job to tip that balance firmly in their favour   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PST said:

Hi, thanks, I understand the above, we have been together 10 years, have a child, and yes she works, and she has visited the uk once before(with me)

My point was, that on the check list for her application, it says 'evidence that your spouse has the ability to return to Thailand, eg letter from employee and visa' but I don't currently work, and I have a Non 'o'.

I realise that we have to prove our relationship, it was that particular point I needed help on.

PST

Good luck with it PST, I am sure it will be straight forward - the 3 key criteria were accepted last time and should be again. You just have to repeat the message for the benefit of the ECO.

I just want to reiterate that your occupation (and position generally, except for the financial support as sponsor - if necessary) is irrelevant to the application. It is only your wife that they are interested in - you will no doubt emphasise the fact that she already returned satisfactorily from one UK visa visit. Is your child traveling with you ? - returning for schooling in Thailand is always worth throwing in.

5 hours ago, Jip99 said:

I just want to reiterate that your occupation (and position generally, except for the financial support as sponsor - if necessary) is irrelevant to the application

Not particularly.

If the applicant has no concrete reason to return but the sponsor does; then the assumption will be that the applicant will return with the sponsor; especially if they are married to each other.

• Like 1