BBQ equipment

SidJames

2 minutes ago, Jdietz said:

http://www.bbqthai.com/

obvious :)

Yeah they dont have stock of their grilles(griddle plates yes but not the grilles), had not stock in october last year and when I went back again 3 weeks ago still no stock, I asked when more would be arriving and was told not sure when and no plans to order any so I got jack of that (found some elsewhere but too small for my BBQ) so I made my own.

004_zpsbmtym9br.jpg

I would get a pile of red bricks from any of the many roadside garden and building supply shops and build your custom grill stand to your preferred working height and size.  Run some rebar through the holes in the bricks and into the ground  to give it some structural rigidity. Then top it out with the various sized simple half-round steel barbecue pits that they sell in the big shop immediately behind the refurbished Central Marina. The barbeque stuff is right at the back and the choice is extensive. Total costs around 800 baht tops for a basic one or you can do a separate small and large steel barbeque topsides so you can cook up quickly depending on how many you are feeding. Needs more bricks but probably 1200 baht for the lot.

Edited by NanLaew

That looks very interesting. Do you have a sketch of the internals that you can share?

From memory I just googled brick barbecue, saw a design that I liked, and got my local lady brickie to build it. Went to my local metalwork shops and got the doors and damper made to measure. (The damper is inbetween the bbw and the smoker). Ordered a couple of thermometers from Lazada, and that was it.

I think I got a complete set of instructions from instructables.com

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

On 2/4/2017 at 3:54 PM, ubonjoe said:

Check out Quick Fire a sponsor of the Isaan forum. Info and reviews in this topic.

Doc makes the best BBQs available here in Thailand.  They are built like a tank.  We've used ours a bunch over the past 7 years.  Never had a problem except one valve needed to be cleaned.  No rust at all.  Several models available.  Way better than the cheaper ones you get at some stores as they just rust out after a few years.  Ours literally still looks brand new.  All stainless steel.  It's used several times every week.

28 (Copy).JPG

On 2/7/2017 at 1:06 PM, Forkinhades said:

From memory I just googled brick barbecue, saw a design that I liked, and got my local lady brickie to build it. Went to my local metalwork shops and got the doors and damper made to measure. (The damper is inbetween the bbw and the smoker). Ordered a couple of thermometers from Lazada, and that was it.

I think I got a complete set of instructions from instructables.com

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Yeah, I ended up googling and there's loads of designs. I hadn't thought about a brick built smoker before as had already googled some plans for a steel one.