'Restore my liberty' says Julian Assange

webfact

39 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Sorry, this is getting beyond stupid.

I really don't understand your point  - why is it important to know charges before guaranteeing no extradition to the USA?

1- He could also be tried in Sweden for the same charges.

2- If the charges are important, the USA would have had time to formulate them by now and to issue arrest warrants. As none have been issued so far, Sweden can safely give a guarantee... or not?

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/6/2017 at 7:15 PM, craigt3365 said:

Maybe Turkey will arrest him for releasing the private medical records of every woman in their country?  A disgusting thing to do.  This is the problem with Wikileaks.  Just mass releases of data with no vetting.  A more focused approach would be better.

They do vet data and have commented on that numerous times.

On 2/6/2017 at 2:49 AM, DriveByTrucker said:

Wonder why you say that Manning did far worse? After all Manning was exposing war crimes, while Assange actively helped Trump win the election.

Assange exposed criminal acts by the Hillary cartel. So it was Hillary's acts that helped Trump. Hillary NEVER denied the validity of all those emails.

She just attacked the messenger.

5 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

They do vet data and have commented on that numerous times.

They've proven they don't by releasing private medical records of Turkish women.  It was released with a mass of other data all at the same time.  Thus, no vetting.

1 minute ago, craigt3365 said:

They've proven they don't by releasing private medical records of Turkish women.  It was released with a mass of other data all at the same time.  Thus, no vetting.

Says you. You can watch videos where Julian discusses their vetting process. Or you can be lazy and just blurt out whatever you want regardless of how false it is. 

Releasing data is what they do. Your statement doesn't prove they don''t vet. Research it for about two minutes.

4 minutes ago, Global Guy said:

Says you. You can watch videos where Julian discusses their vetting process. Or you can be lazy and just blurt out whatever you want regardless of how false it is. 

Releasing data is what they do. Your statement doesn't prove they don''t vet. Research it for about two minutes.

Be nice or don't post.  I've researched this.  Maybe you should also.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/aug/23/wikileaks-posts-sensitive-medical-information-saudi-arabia

WikiLeaks posted medical files of rape victims and children, investigation finds

The ‘radical transparency’ organization has published sensitive personal data belonging to hundreds of ordinary citizens, an investigation has revealed.

WikiLeaks did not immediately respond to a request by the Guardian for comment.

Lisa Lynch, who teaches media and communications at Drew University and has followed WikiLeaks for years, said Assange may not have had the staff or the resources to properly vet what he published, or perhaps felt that the urgency of his mission trumped privacy concerns. “For him, the ends justify the means,” she said.

Dozens of articles like this out there...

I doubt Assange is worried about the Swedish 'charges' for which he hasn't actually been charged.

Rather he's seriously worried about being extradited to the US where, as some posters have shown, there is no sympathy amongst Courts/Governments or many (the vast majority?) for letting people know about the wrong-doings of their government/military etc.

Everyone to their own.  Personally, I prefer to know about wrong-doing - whilst others consider it an unforgivable sin against their country.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

Everyone to their own.  Personally, I prefer to know about wrong-doing - whilst others consider it an unforgivable sin against their country.

Even worse, the wrong doings have now morphed into "fake news". I imagine Mr Assange is more than horrified now than we can know,  now he has seen the way that Trump has turned out! Had he known 6 moths ago what he knows now, I think the leaks from Wiki would have taken a whole different flavour and Assange would now be looking to President Mrs Clinton for clemency.

We have to take responsibility for our decisions (that includes the voters). Assange needs to come out of the embassy now and hope that the disarray in the White House will keep them too occupied to worry about him. He has basically already done 4-5 years in a self created jail. I am simply amazed that the Ecuadorians have allowed him to occupy part of their very small embassy for so long.

Edited by Andaman Al

25 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Even worse, the wrong doings have now morphed into "fake news". I imagine Mr Assange is more than horrified now than we can know,  now he has seen the way that Trump has turned out! Had he known 6 moths ago what he knows now, I think the leaks from Wiki would have taken a whole different flavour and Assange would now be looking to President Mrs Clinton for clemency.

We have to take responsibility for our decisions (that includes the voters). Assange needs to come out of the embassy now and hope that the disarray in the White House will keep them too occupied to worry about him. He has basically already done 4-5 years in a self created jail. I am simply amazed that the Ecuadorians have allowed him to occupy part of their very small embassy for so long.

I doubt that Assange has any interest in becoming a martyr to those who hate the truth being 'outed' against the actions of their beloved country....

8 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I doubt that Assange has any interest in becoming a martyr to those who hate the truth being 'outed' against the actions of their beloved country....

Hate the truth?  Hardly.  Hate somebody who broke the law and released secrets to countries hostile to the US?  Absolutely.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

I doubt Assange is worried about the Swedish 'charges' for which he hasn't actually been charged.

Rather he's seriously worried about being extradited to the US where, as some posters have shown, there is no sympathy amongst Courts/Governments or many (the vast majority?) for letting people know about the wrong-doings of their government/military etc.

I have no doubt that your doubts are just spun out of thin air.