Family man shoots teen dead after parking dispute in Chonburi

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, dieseldave1951 said:

typical mob rule Thai's youth only confront when there is many of them 

watched the video this morning,at least a dozen youths or young men charged out of the mini bus,i dont think they were going to sawadee the bloke,so you can guess what the outcome would have been.

3 hours ago, nontabury said:

What I cannot understand, is that his car did not seem to be blocked in. Why din't he just put foot to pedal.

He said he stopped at what appeared to be a police box for help, which the police inside did indeed came out to arrest him after the shot has been fired; and letting the youths kicked his face in when he was already in handcuffs

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That mob of kids looks pretty menacing. I suppose he could have just aimed for the legs. Or a warning shot would have more than likely scared these cowardly punks away. There is no doubt that today's youth is far more violent than the previous generation, which still had a fairly good amount of respect for people and society. 

He said he reached for the gun after he had altercation with some of the youths and his glasses were knocked over, even in the video you can hear conversation between him and his wife of 'did you hit anyone?' 

Not ideal from a gun safety standpoint, firing without seeing the target and all, but convenient on the defense trial 

On 2017-02-06 at 10:32 PM, Thaiwrath said:

See #38, or just try reading links to articles.

Sure! Your conclusion is brilliant! First the man planned in home to find exactly the specific parking spot, where he know that the 17 year old would be and stop him from getting out. After that he also planned that the senario would be eased by him getting free passage to leave. It was also planned that he should be followed and attacked at a later time, he should loose his glasses and sight and fire his gun in panic so it accidentally hit the 17 year old. I would say that´s having a great and massive foresight.

Copied from Internet:

1. Premeditated: 

verb
past tense: premeditated; past participle: premeditated
  1. think out or plan (an action, especially a crime) beforehand.

2. What is premeditated murder?

the term that is used to describe a murder that was planned in advance and was carried out willfully.

Case closed, once again.

I suppose people think he should have waited until after the youths had kicked the crap out of him, when fearing for his life, he could then have fired a shot, killing one of them.

It's a bit like the British police who, when confronted by a frenzied gunman are virtually expected to ask him if the gun is loaded, before they are allowed to shoot the guy in self defense.  If they do shoot the guy, then the policeman can be suspended from duty until an enquiry decides whether he did the right thing. The people conducting the enquiry often have absolutely no experience of being in a life or death situation requiring almost instantaneous reaction.

6 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

That mob of kids looks pretty menacing. I suppose he could have just aimed for the legs. Or a warning shot would have more than likely scared these cowardly punks away. There is no doubt that today's youth is far more violent than the previous generation, which still had a fairly good amount of respect for people and society. 

For the most part, I think you are correct...for me, I assume that most Thai men have a weapon, usually a gun...and teens are especially easy to gang up on anyone...I side with the old guy, perhaps I am one too, and would do anything to protect my family if confronted by aggressive punks...especially in Thailand, since the penalty for killing a punk is pretty small, why not meet aggression with an overwhelming response?

On 2017-02-07 at 4:32 AM, Thaiwrath said:

See #38, or just try reading links to articles.

I'm guessing that whoever wrote the news story and / or translated it does not know the difference between premeditated, and the other classifications of murder, manslaughter, 2nd degree, reckless homicide, etc, or whatever it is in Thai law...maybe the police don't even know.

On 2/6/2017 at 3:03 PM, Lannig said:

Of course, but it has lost its velocity then so it's harmless.

Urban myth, comes back to earth with plenty enough velocity to kill or maim.

If the guy did not have the gun we would be seeing a video of 7 youths kicking a fathers head in while he is down on the ground. No doubt one of these youths will end up putting someone into a coma sooner or later, too bad the guy didn't shoot a couple times.

Edited by IAMHERE

Self defense, I'm betting the youths all come from the same collage or something, dead one got what he deserves, if my family was in the car I would have kept shooting to protect them not stopped at one...

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

He said he fired a warning shot---- read the OP

On 06/02/2017 at 8:03 AM, Lannig said:

Of course, but it has lost its velocity then so it's harmless.

Not according to the Irish nurses that worked Baghdad's main hospitals during my Iraq 'home stay' after Saddam invaded Kuwait. Whenever he made a public speech, the army and any local with a gun would whoop it up emptying their Heckler & Koch and Kalashnikov's into the air. The walking (mostly head) wounded typically started flooding the ER's about 15-20 minutes after the speeches finished.

I have to side with the engineer. After 23+ years here I've seen my share of confrontations; they usually start one on one but inevitably end up with lots of people involved. Since this guy was dealing with a mob of angry teens to start with it wouldn't have ended well for him and his family. It's just sad someone lost their life over something trivial.....which seems to happen a lot over here; like looking at somebody the wrong way, stepping on someone's foot in a club, cutting someone off in traffic; the list goes on and on.

RIP to the teen that died and kudos for the engineer for protecting himself and his family. It's not an easy decision to take someone else's life.

2 hours ago, ross163103 said:

I have to side with the engineer. After 23+ years here I've seen my share of confrontations; they usually start one on one but inevitably end up with lots of people involved. Since this guy was dealing with a mob of angry teens to start with it wouldn't have ended well for him and his family. It's just sad someone lost their life over something trivial.....which seems to happen a lot over here; like looking at somebody the wrong way, stepping on someone's foot in a club, cutting someone off in traffic; the list goes on and on.

RIP to the teen that died and kudos for the engineer for protecting himself and his family. It's not an easy decision to take someone else's life.

agree with what you are saying, but correct me if im wrong was the kid not shot in the back whilst running away, no threat if running away right?