True internet trickery/treachery?

rendos

I normally get my bill early, but this month i didnt. Then this morning, i lost my landline internet connection. So i contacted them thru the chat room. True staff said they need to change my router, they said i will be contacted TOMORROW! <deleted>! Whats next they're gonna say i need to upgrade again?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

I used True through an air card for several years. For some reason I lost the Internet. The local True shop insisted that there was nothing wrong with the Internet. It was working fine. The moron in the shop couldn't understand that it was working at the shop but not working at my house. A number of calls to True did no good. They finally told me that I needed a 4G air card. I spent the money and bought a 4G air card. Still no Internet. My wife had a really difficult time cancelling the post paid account and ended up paying an extra month to cancel it at a larger True shop. She then signed up for post paid AIS and it works just fine with the old 3G air card and aso with the new 4G air card. I also had a very difficult time transferring my phone number from True to AIS. No more True anything for me ever!

23 hours ago, rendos said:

To be fair, i called ur 1686 and i did get a satisfactory action. I did have internet after the call but she said i still do need to change my router. Im gonna delete this thread later.

Good luck with trying to delete a thread or post you created.  All you can do is ask a forum moderator to close the thread to further comments....it's not deleted and continues to show until the day TV closes its doors.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, rendos said:

Lo and behold! They came!, not only that, the changing modem was actually an upgrade. Im on fiber optic, same billing price from previous unreliable old modem that i had. Well, fingers crossed, lets see how it works.

I have just had my cable router changed by True.

I have had nothing but problems since the change. Today when I came home there was no Internet. Later it came back and it seemd that all my log on details were lost. I had to register every device with the router again.

At the moment all seems well.

Three weeks ago, my True ADSL line went dead...little yellow triangle on my connection icon and only two lights showing on my router.  It briefly came back up, then dropped again.

Still off the next day so I dialed "1686": ..took several tries with long hold waits for English speaking rep.  A friend suggested not selecting English option, just request English when call is picked up.  This worked very well and I used this method from that point on successfully, no more long waits.  After several b.s. calls ("We'll check and call you back.") I finally got a helpful tech who explained that the cable in my area was being upgraded and that it would be 6 more days before service would be restored...BUT...I would be given an upgraded 30/5 VDSL/Fiber connection with no additional charge from my normal B599/mo.

I was told the installation tech would arrive after 2pm.  He showed up at 9am, but that's a lot better than the more usual reverse situation.

Finished in 30 minutes.  New Humax VDSL router replaced my 6 month old TP-Link Archer D7 which seemed to work well.  Great signal all around my 65 s/m apartment, both 2.4 & 5 gHz.

I notice a definite improvement though not a dramatic change.  Pages do load faster, YT buffers far less and my Windows/Kodi combo is much improved with almost no buffering.

I'm happy....for now. 

Three weeks ago, my True ADSL line went dead...little yellow triangle on my connection icon and only two lights showing on my router.  It briefly came back up, then dropped again.
Still off the next day so I dialed "1686": ..took several tries with long hold waits for English speaking rep.  A friend suggested not selecting English option, just request English when call is picked up.  This worked very well and I used this method from that point on successfully, no more long waits.  After several b.s. calls ("We'll check and call you back.") I finally got a helpful tech who explained that the cable in my area was being upgraded and that it would be 6 more days before service would be restored...BUT...I would be given an upgraded 30/5 VDSL/Fiber connection with no additional charge from my normal B599/mo.
I was told the installation tech would arrive after 2pm.  He showed up at 9am, but that's a lot better than the more usual reverse situation.
Finished in 30 minutes.  New Humax VDSL router replaced my 6 month old TP-Link Archer D7 which seemed to work well.  Great signal all around my 65 s/m apartment, both 2.4 & 5 gHz.
I notice a definite improvement though not a dramatic change.  Pages do load faster, YT buffers far less and my Windows/Kodi combo is much improved with almost no buffering.
I'm happy....for now. 

Well I'm just facing a similar problem just today tonight at my area in Samut Prakan....

No internet, only 2 lights on my outdated router on.

I called TRUE tonight, and now they told me, they installed some new technology cable which doesn't adjust well with the new technology.

And they said they're gonna be able to fix it and install new modem 2 weeks later around 4th March, until they can actually do it.

So technically I'll be without internet at home for another 2 weeks...

Can anyone explain that New cable technology or Optic fiber sh*** to me?

I'm not very well expertise with that technical internet engineering stuff, so thank you in advance for your explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Basically its a free upgrade but u have to wait for ur turn, because accordingly they are understaff. You can call the call center, and they reset ur internet as temporary measure.

Understaffed, hell my a$$.... So that's why I have to wait 2 weeks until I get my turn....

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect