Can I do TM-30 myself?

I am currently renting a house from the wife of a deceased friend.  She has moved back to her village in Esarn and my only contact with her is via text messaging in Thai (I do read/write thai).  She lives far from any immigration office, and has zero IT skills (no computer or smart phone).  I am quite sure that she has never reported that she has a farang living in her house.  My permission-to-stay renewal is coming up next month, and I would like to be up-to-date regarding TM-30 issues.  Can I report myself to immigration?  Can I do this online?  What is my best option?  Getting her to do anything is probably not an option.  In case it matters, I live in Chiang Mai.

When my retirement extension was due a couple of months ago I tried to submit the TM 30 to Chiangmai Immigration

signing as the Possessor because my landlady is married to an American and lives in the USA.

Not accepted! "Are you the owner of the house?" the immigration officer queried with a grin on his face.

Took some while to work around it, with the help of a Thai friend who is a Government Official. 

From everything I have read the immigration officials in Chiang Mai are a bit weird. Pointing to Section 38 of the Immigration Act where it says that the house-master, possessor or owner must submit the notification should have been sufficient, but probably not in Chiang Mai.