AirAsia to start Ubon to Utapao flights 26/3/17

ผู้ว่าฯอุบลฯเผย แอร์เอเชียเพิ่มการบินเส้นทาง
1.อุบลราชธานี - เชียงใหม่
2.อุบลราชธานี - อู่ตะเภา
โดยเส้นทาง อุบลฯ-อู่ตะเภา จะเริ่มบิน 26 มีนาคม 60
ทุกวัน โดยออกจากอุบลฯ 16.30 น. ถึงอู่ตะเภา 17.45 น. 
ออกจากอู่ตะเภา 14.40 น. ถึงอุบลฯ 15.50 น.
ส่วน อุบลฯ-เชียงใหม่ รอสนามบินเชียงใหม่หาที่จอดให้อยู่

Very upfront!

So:

It will begin on March 26, 2017.

U-Tapao to Ubon depart 14:40h, arrive 15:50h.
Ubon to U-Tapao depart 16:30h, arrive 17:45h.

And there seems to be a plan/application(?) for

Ubon Ratchathani to Chiang Mai.

7 hours ago, Beats56 said:

Does u tapao have a hop to Bangkok yet? That I would like instead of the two hour ride from Rayong.

There used to be a Malaysia Airlines flight to Kuala Lumpur but it seems to have disappeared, I too would like to avoid the drive to Bangkok especially as there are roadworks on the highway 36 at the moment. 

On 2/9/2017 at 8:01 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Very upfront!

So:

It will begin on March 26, 2017.

U-Tapao to Ubon depart 14:40h, arrive 15:50h.
Ubon to U-Tapao depart 16:30h, arrive 17:45h.

And there seems to be a plan/application(?) for

Ubon Ratchathani to Chiang Mai.

The CNX - UBP route is an excellent facility that we used a few months ago with Kan Air. Anyone know what the Air Asia flight times will be? The Kan Air ones are a little early.

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

The CNX - UBP route is an excellent facility that we used a few months ago with Kan Air. Anyone know what the Air Asia flight times will be? The Kan Air ones are a little early.

So far I didn't see any details about Ubon - Chiang Mai.

Ubon to Pattaya (U-Tapao) can now be selected on the booking site, but flights are not shown yet.

UBPUTP.jpg

I though this route starts in March 2017? Or are you talking about to U-Tapao or do they provide a 'flux capacitor' too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, johng said:

They talk and talk about making U-Tapao an international airport expanding capacity, new routes
but it never seems to become reality.

because the demand is just not there.

Even the AA flights to KUL and SIN are not on a daily basis. They would be, if demand was there

22 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

There used to be a Malaysia Airlines flight to Kuala Lumpur but it seems to have disappeared, I too would like to avoid the drive to Bangkok especially as there are roadworks on the highway 36 at the moment. 

I don't recall MAS flying to UTP,  but AirAsia still does, though not daily

3 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

I though this route starts in March 2017? Or are you talking about to U-Tapao or do they provide a 'flux capacitor' too.

As I said in my post, Kan Air have operated an early morning flight on this route for a while now, which we used a few months ago.

because the demand is just not there.
Even the AA flights to KUL and SIN are not on a daily basis. They would be, if demand was there

But TAT says there are "billions" of tourists visiting Thailand with the number increasing year after year
surely another fully international airport will be needed soon.

1 hour ago, johng said:

But TAT says there are "billions" of tourists visiting Thailand with the number increasing year after year
surely another fully international airport will be needed soon.

UTP might get the spillover from Swampy, as Swampy is running at capacity already.

The tourist numbers may be true, but since the crackdown on zero-Baht-tours, PTY has lost much of its appeal. Very few charter flights too from China and Russia, unlike in earlier years.

I doubt that people usually originating from KUL or SIN are the typical Pattaya-tourists. They will rather continue to fly to BKK and DMK and not UTP

4 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Between Ubon and U-Tapao as the title suggests?

Look, I don't want to have a bickering contest because the travel threads are an inappropriate place for such. But it was our friendly moderator Khun BENQ who brought up the matter of Air Asia applying to start flights between Ubon and Chiang Mai in post #5, and it was this to which I was replying :thumbsup:.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2017 at 0:02 AM, johng said:

They talk and talk about making U-Tapao an international airport expanding capacity, new routes
but it never seems to become reality.

Goodness, are you kidding?  Are you aware of the new terminal being built?