Court begins hearing of petition seeking the retrial of alleged hit-and-run teacher case

webfact

Court begins hearing of petition seeking the retrial of alleged hit-and-run teacher case

951_Teacher.jpg

NAKHON PHANOM: -- The Nakhon Phanom Provincial Court today began the hearing of witnesses produced by a team of legal advisors from the Ministry of Justice in the bid to convince the court to allow the retrial of a hit-and-run case in 2005 in which a teacher was  wrongfully judged in 2013 to serve three years in prison.

The ministry will produce 9 witnesses to testify the court that Mrs Jomsap Saenmuangkhot, convicted of hit-and-run charge by the Supreme Court, was not the wrongdoer.

Key witnesses included the real wrongdoer who confessed to be the driver who hit and killed 75-year-old Lueh Porbamrung in the car accident, and a villager who saw the accident and ran to assist the victim on the spot.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/court-begins-hearing-petition-seeking-retrial-alleged-hit-run-teacher-case/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-08

'Uncle Sap' not on witness list in Jomsap's retrial case
By The Nation

6c6488173aa530ec2b95cda3ba95d5e4.jpeg

Jomsap’s Toyota pickup

NAKHON PHANOM: -- Sap Wapi, a man who confessed of being the driver in a hit-and-run fatal accident, will not be in a list of witnesses to testify in a hearing at the Nakhon Phanom provincial court Wednesday, Justice Ministry’s deputy permanent secretary, Pol Colonel Dusadee Arayawuth, said.  

The hearing was about a retrial case in which the Justice Ministry sought to help Jomsap Saenmuangkhot, a former teacher, who was sentenced to three years and two months in jail for allegedly killing an elderly man, Lua Phorbumrung, in a hit-and-run accident on March 11, 2005, in Nakhon Phanom’s Renu Nakhon district.  

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/breakingnews/30305933

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-02-08

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Good luck, lady.I hope the truth comes out, and I hope this can be a significant enough case that will help towards the reform of the police. 

We all hope for her but fat chance of the reform of the police happening. The corruption goes right to the top. Nothing different to the military, civil service and the education. Corruption in Thailand is the grease that makes the wheels of the economy turn.

I just find it <deleted><deleted><deleted> scary 

i crap myself when I know I will be driving nowadays. Rule of law my behind! 

Getting best in car cameras I can afford fitted so I can have virtually  all round vision and tamper proof recordings. 

Had a ding dong with a big insurance company a while back who let me know I was covered up to 1 mio in case I killed anyone but after that I was on my own. 

Edited by metisdead
8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.