Photodynamic Therapy (Blue Light Therapy)

Boatman37210

In the states I was undergoing PT for a skin condition with some improvement.  I underwent 2 treatments, but the doctor said I would need a minimum of 6.  The treatment is harsh, but does seem to work.  

I retired to Thailand 5 years ago and have not had a PT treatment for that period of time.  Looked into it a few times, but the hospitals I checked with in Bangkok did not offer it.  It is available, but few places offer it.  One hospital said they prefer a less harsh treatment.  Another doctor at a hospital said PT was not for me.  He knew this because he trained in the states and helped invent PT.  He gave me the traditional creams and pills instead. 

I am wondering why PT is not more common here.  If there is a less harsh treatment that works, I am willing to try it.  If their alternative treatment is creams and pills, then most likely I am not interested.  I've used those all my life and they are good only for a month or two or do not work at all. 

Anyone familiar with PT in Thailand and how well it works? 

Anyone switch from PT to another treatment that worked as well, but less harsh? 

Can you recommend a skin treatment center in Bangkok?

Thanks.

Archived