UK PM May quashes attempts to derail her Brexit plan in parliament

webfact

34 minutes ago, Grouse said:

"It's May's game now and we just have to wait for the kick-off"

God preserve us....

I doubt God gets a vote!

We are at the knock-out stage with this tournament so no replay if we lose the game.  There may be extra time  but if it comes to penalties I will be watching from behind the sofa!

1 hour ago, uptheos said:

After shes finished with Corbyn I feel quite sorry for him

Bit like a football time already relegated and they have no one to revive them

I think that May has been quite good so far, she going to have much less to worry

about when Le Pen starts winning big time and Greece needs a substantial bail out again.

Thank goodness that she forging ahead and getting out of this club ASAP.

Maybe it's just me, but I find her rather 'wooden' at PMQ's and she is obviously heavily coached for sound bites as they don't seem to come out naturally. I will concede entirely that JC is not much of a challenge. He  regards PMQ's as him just asking questions, as though he was on the local council. Now, whether we like it  or not, PMQ's has become an  'occasion' to rally the troops inside and outside of parliament - something he clearly fails to do.  Cameron was good at it and so was Milliband on occasions. Their ad libs may have been phoney but they sounded real, whereas TM in my view lacks that sincerity. Maybe she'll change. She would be better  served being herself than trying to emulate her pre-decessers. But the circus demands ....... I found it objectionable quite frankly a couple of days ago when she said "I am running the  country' . Now please, don't get carried away.

I understand that PM's 'emerge' but I don't like it unless an incumbent is struck  down physically - ala. Anthony Eden etc. I still believe the Tory  leadership battle was a stitch up to get a 2 woman run off and then get one to pull out and receive a ministerial job. That's why TM was so shrill "Brexit  means Brexit" from day one.

It's just my view. I also cannot agree Cameron did the honourable thing.  He said he would stay on in the event of a 'leave' vote but packed it in. He could still have stayed at the helm as the elected PM  - given the current PM is a "remainite" - or so she says. No, he knew where the gravy train lay as taught by Tony Blair and others.  After all, his mucker George, has stayed as an MP after all his threats of emergency budgets etc - which clearly backfired.

Good forum this and we could be arguing in 2020!

21 minutes ago, emilymat said:

Maybe it's just me, but I find her rather 'wooden' at PMQ's and she is obviously heavily coached for sound bites as they don't seem to come out naturally. I will concede entirely that JC is not much of a challenge. He  regards PMQ's as him just asking questions, as though he was on the local council.

Yes. Some might find it sad that I shall mainly remember Cameron for PMQ's - he was adept.

1 hour ago, uptheos said:

The Dianne Abbott Happy Face Party

Jabba the Hutt Party (alternative)

No no no, we're not having that woman on our team. Too much of a Corbinista!

How about *The Truth Party *

That would be a change!

Anyway, I didn't notice May quashing anything. MPs are just keeping their powder dry....

3 minutes ago, Grouse said:

No no no, we're not having that woman on our team. Too much of a Corbinista!

How about *The Truth Party *

That would be a change!

Anyway, I didn't notice May quashing anything. MPs are just keeping their powder dry....

You wont have enough players on your team.....how many times have you changed the front bench?

9 minutes ago, uptheos said:

You wont have enough players on your team.....how many times have you changed the front bench?

Ha! Don't confuse me with a Labourite, I'm Liberal if anything. Right now we don't have enough MPs for a front bench; it may change!

Just now, Grouse said:

Ha! Don't confuse me with a Labourite, I'm Liberal if anything. Right now we don't have enough MPs for a front bench; it may change!

Saw a lot of people sleeping on benches not far from Westminster, will they do?

53 minutes ago, uptheos said:

Too bad he wasn't adept enough, when attending and negotiating at the EU

Indeed.  Inept would be appropriate for that.

Note - I am only giving him credit for the skillful, and often entertaining, way in which he handled PMQ's.