New £5 notes.

Gjk7777

If you go to Bangkok for anything then hop off the bus at Don Muang Airport, change your money at an exchange booth there and then continue by taxi.

Having said that there are many exchange booths along Sukhumvit Road and other tourist areas.

last time I brought some cash back from the U.K. I just paid it into my Bangkok Bank branch in Korat, no problems at all.

HL

13 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I suspect it is because it is such a small denomination note. It would be the same when trying to change a $5 or $10 US note which would be hard to do at most banks.

I believe you are correct. I have a couple of five pound notes from over 15 years ago as I have never found a bank that will accept them.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

I suspect it is because it is such a small denomination note. It would be the same when trying to change a $5 or $10 US note which would be hard to do at most banks.

It was the fact that they are the new plastic ones as I have changed up many old style ones before.

1 hour ago, Gjk7777 said:

find a bank in the Issan area

Where do you live?

Isaan area is quite big.

Some of the major cities (like Khon Kaen) have specialized money changers nowadays which might be more flexible.

Like with US Dollars for UK Pounds in small notes you might get a worse rate than for bigger notes.

36 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Where do you live?

Isaan area is quite big.

Some of the major cities (like Khon Kaen) have specialized money changers nowadays which might be more flexible.

Like with US Dollars for UK Pounds in small notes you might get a worse rate than for bigger notes.

I change my money in In Ubon Ratchathani. I won't take any next month, I don't want to take the risk.

If u ever go there there's a gold shop in Udon Thani which exchanges money, and even in little Nakhon Phanom we now have an exchange bureau right opposite Bangkok bank which beats their exchange rates; small charge for over 10000thb. Try travel agents too.

Dont know why they wont take new notes. A friend couldnt change old £20 notes in BKK bank, NKP, but Krungsri bank took them all. Try them with your fivers.