Drugs Suppression Police - Ganga could be a legal drug in the future

rooster59

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

As usual the drug supporters are flocking like teenagers that want to belong to the popular crowd, so I just had to hear the stories once again.

And the answer is always a big NO! Just not going to be a discussion from my side on this. IMO there is already a load of things that are legal drugs. They are already creating enough problem in this world.
I also know that many are going to say that this is not stopped by keeping them illegal. Sure, can be true, but it´s better that they stay that way due to that some people still feel afraid of using them.

That was the end of the story from my part, and as long as nobody has any facts that contradict my statement it´s just going to be useless talks from people that wants to use the things that are considered illegal today, just for getting a small buzz. It´s just time to grow up and live a responsible life.

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

As usual the drug supporters are flocking like teenagers that want to belong to the popular crowd, so I just had to hear the stories once again.

And the answer is always a big NO! Just not going to be a discussion from my side on this. IMO there is already a load of things that are legal drugs. They are already creating enough problem in this world.
I also know that many are going to say that this is not stopped by keeping them illegal. Sure, can be true, but it´s better that they stay that way due to that some people still feel afraid of using them.

That was the end of the story from my part, and as long as nobody has any facts that contradict my statement it´s just going to be useless talks from people that wants to use the things that are considered illegal today, just for getting a small buzz. It´s just time to grow up and live a responsible life.

You sound like my father who died of a cancer a long time ago ...

Ganja is NOT an addictive drug , never somebody died because of using it , opposite to alcohol .

It has proven medicinal qualities ,it does not make people aggressive , it makes them more relaxed .

It enlarges your mental horizon , you see your problems from a different angle and can more easily find solutions to solve them .

Well , it does not make the stupid become intelligent , but , at least , they can have a few good laughs .

By the way , you do not need to smoke to enjoy the benefits of it , it makes a good tea , and even the cookies that go with it ...

You should give it a try , it might help you in enjoying your life more in a responsible way ...

Just relax , nothing bad with that plant , it is not ya ba or alcohol , that make people become aggressive and addicted .

We are NOT talking drugs,we are discussing gunja.Big difference,gunja does NOT kill.The war on drugs is just an employment opportunity for the moral right.When are they going to win this so called war?

When the governments of the world look at Holland and how they police drugs. You can get your esctasy pill tested at the nightclub to see if it's safe to consume.

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yep! Just add a little bit more fire in the already hot and boiling pot. Actually insane!

That´s my opinion, and if possible maybe I can be overlooked by all the people in this forum that are positive to drugs. Just heard the stories before. There is a reason why it´s illigal in most countries.

It is illegal in most countries because the whites didn't want their children exposed to black culture; in the USA anyway. America is why other countries make drug laws to mimic the DEA, that is why it is illegal in Thailand.

Yep! Just add a little bit more fire in the already hot and boiling pot. Actually insane!

That´s my opinion, and if possible maybe I can be overlooked by all the people in this forum that are positive to drugs. Just heard the stories before. There is a reason why it´s illigal in most countries.

Here's a brief summary of how cannabis was made illegal. 

It had been used for centuries back before biblical times. No laws. 

Farmers were required to grow hemp for fiber in the early 1900's until a hemp decorticator was invented making it possible to make soft fabrics from it. 

Dupont just began making synthetic fabrics (rayon, Dacron) and saw it as a threat and pushed to outlaw it. 

They  got their support in 1938 from Harry Anslinger who renamed it marijuana to make it sound foreign and claimed it made white women sleep with black men, Mexicans and jazz musicians. 

His dishonest canpaign sucked in enough ignorant politicians who voted to outlaw it. 

As the years went by the US forced other countries to outlaw it by threatening to pull aid or offering to pay them money if they did. 

So, protecting oil companies profits, racism and ignorance is why it was legal for 1000's of years until US business got a hold of it. 

Luckily, people woke up and saw the benefits and realized the biggest downside was prohibition. 

4 minutes ago, Xaos said:

These vids have gone viral, but they are scientific and repeated studies so far do not replicate the apparent benefits.

there may well be substances preset in marijuana that inhibit certain manifestations of Parkinson's but they are NOT a cure or even shown to be of long term benefit.

The chronic use of marijuana also has potentially undesirable side effects.

The use of "medical" marijuana is the "new herbalism" a lot of unproven medical benefits are claimed for the drug....one has to say that one gets the impression that their is a large body of folk out there who believe that if marijuana is approved for medical use that will somehow make recreational use permitted too....
i don't see that to be a good assessment....heroin and opiates are used in medicine but still highly restricted for recreational usage.

basically they promote the possible but unproven benefits of medical marijuana not because of any scientific reason but because they WANT it to be so.

There is a reason why it´s illegal in most countries.

Yes, the reasons are stupidity and politics. The ignorance of criminalizing pot while allowing alcohol to be freely sold is one of the most insane legal quandaries of our time. Thailand will probably be the last Asian nation to decriminalize. Cambodia is increasingly far ahead of Thailand is many respects.

14 minutes ago, louse1953 said:

We are NOT talking drugs,we are discussing gunja.Big difference,gunja does NOT kill.The war on drugs is just an employment opportunity for the moral right.When are they going to win this so called war?

Actually this is part of the problem - so long as people see recreational drug taking in terms of individual substances rather than a human trait, they will never be able to address the topic in a rational way.

Ok. Never mind, from now on I am accepting all legalisation of all drugs. My blinkers are now officially open. Forget all my previous posts. I know understand that there are a whole lot of people out there that wants this to be available to use whenever they want. Just continue the discussion among yourselfs please.

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

Positive Side :-

1/ You get very laid back, very calm.

2/ Everything gets funnier, you can laugh about the weirdest stuff.

3/ Your senses seem to be sharpend, listening to music or watching a movie becomes a different, somewhat deeper experience.

4/ Food and beverages taste better.

5/ Time flows differently, 5 minutes can feel like hours, hours can feel like seconds.

6. Orgasms are amplified 100-fold.

Just now, Guitar God said:

Farmers were required to grow hemp for fiber in the early 1900's until a hemp decorticator was invented making it possible to make soft fabrics from it. 

Dupont just began making synthetic fabrics (rayon, Dacron) and saw it as a threat and pushed to outlaw it. 

They  got their support in 1938 from Harry Anslinger who renamed it marijuana to make it sound foreign and claimed it made white women sleep with black men, Mexicans and jazz musicians. 

His dishonest canpaign sucked in enough ignorant politicians who voted to outlaw it. 

As the years went by the US forced other countries to outlaw it by threatening to pull aid or offering to pay them money if they did. 

So, protecting oil companies profits, racism and ignorance is why it was legal for 1000's of years until US business got a hold of it. 

Luckily, people woke up and saw the benefits and realized the biggest downside was prohibition. 

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Guitar God said:

lovely story, but too US -centric. Hemp is still grown for fabrics all over the world. In Oz the canabis content has to be below a certain level which makes it difficult to propagate the same crop for more than 3 years or so.

Without a doubt there were powerful commercial lobbies that wanted hemp out of the way (Washington grew hemp apparently) but in the end economics and companies don't launch massive campaigns - the US has always been absurdly conservatively religious and even superstitious rather than scientific and politicians have made use of this ignorance  (and there own) over the years to take advantage and put themselves forward for power.

e.g. - Harry Anslinger was head of the Department of Prohibition in Washington, D.C. he was looking for a substance to prohibit as he would've been out of a job with the end of alcohol prohibition. as a result of his anti-pot campaign  (which included a mas murder attributed to marijuana) the US became obsessed with the "killer weed" - does this all sound a bit Trump-like??

the situation in the US now is a classic example of how politicians play on public ignorance to put themselves in power.

Edited by Alan Deer

Another person who lobbied heavily for banning it was William Randolph Hurst who had bought vast tracts of forest for a paper mill and wanted to prevent the much cheaper production of newsprint paper using hemp. Tv rails against corruption in Thailand but little compares with the US senate for the massive corruption through vested interests.

1 hour ago, Nice Boyd said:

Alcohol is a Bigger Danger in Thailand, Look at traffic statistics

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Look at traffic statistics 

. . . or figures for domestic abuse, sex crimes, robbery, murder, etc. Not to mention the massive cost of alcoholism and associated health ailments, whether here in Thailand or around the globe.

Alcohol, which is actually a poison, is involved in a huge proportion (it varies from country to country) of both petty and serious crime. Yet, unlike marijuana and so-called hard drugs, it is treated as a substance that society can "handle"

Clearly, this is delusional and the world needs the kind of wake-up call smokers got when the lung cancer figures first emerged, with concerted government-led campaigns to make

drinking a minority sport done in moderation.

That this has not already happened is the result of the lobbying power of the booze companies and the fat tax take from alcohol - little of which is spent on measures to wean existing and potential drinkers off the most dangerous drug of all.

Legalize it. It is not good for you, but neither is alcohol. Alcohol can kill you if you drink too much, marijuana cannot. it is legal in over half a dozen U.S. states and the District of Columbia (Washington D.C., the nations capitol).

Occasional and responsible use has less adverse effects than alcohol (in my opinion). I don't use but I possibly would occasionally if it was legal and controlled.

Just now, georgemandm said:

You name them then .

just a joke that  drug .

seen what it dose to long time  uses .

Any drug if used in excess is bad. If you get up in the morning and start drinking Jack Daniels Bourbon every day you have a problem.

If you get up in the morning and have to smoke a joint first thing...you also have a problem.

Have you seen what alcohol abuse does to long time  users/abusers?

4 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Any drug if used in excess is bad. If you get up in the morning and start drinking Jack Daniels Bourbon every day you have a problem.

If you get up in the morning and have to smoke a joint first thing...you also have a problem.

Yes I have so why should we bring more bad shit that can kill 

Especially today because once your bottle of Jack is empty the mom and pop shop only have Hong Thong and Master Blend. What a disaster!

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

I suggest you take note that this is about medical marijuana, it's so kind of you to deny the sick a beneficial herb, do you also want morphine taken from those in pain?

It is amazing how people just accept as fact, various myths bout drugs in general and pot in particular.

"Drugs kill" - over simplistic nonsense

"one puff and you're addicted" - trip

"it changes your personality".....crap

In my home town a young man was arrested for possession of marijuana and employed a solicitor to plead his case - the solicitor played on the man's good eduction and prospects of employment and it was clear the magistrates were going to be lenient, but before passing sentence one of the magistrates needed clarification - "how long has he being injecting this stuff? , he asked - how can you possibly get a just verdict in the face of such ignorance?

Marijuana is like spinach - everybody know how "good" spinach is for you, don't they? except for one thing - it isn't.....the roots of the spinach myth are in a misprint on a US (yet again!) dietary document produced for the military - the decimal place was put in the wrong place making spinach look ten times better than other vegetables - then couple that to a POP_EYE CARTOON - (how daft can you get??) and spinach is still a century later considered some kind of super food.

So the thing about marijuana and recreational drug use in general is that one needs to explode the myths that perpetuate the bigotry surrounding the issue - bigotry that is clearly seen in some of the posts on this thread. It is hard to believe in this day and are that after the 60s, the Vietnam war the cocaine 80s etc etc that some people still cling to a blinkered utterly false interpretation of how drugs affect both the individual and society at large

Edited by Alan Deer

18 minutes ago, georgemandm said:

You name them then .

just a joke that  drug .

seen what it dose to long time  uses .

Really - what is your scientific take on long-tern use then? - or are you just relying on "in my experience" - the worst possible thing a scientist can say?

Edited by Alan Deer

4 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

It can't kill, it would not be "bringing more bad shit" as it is already here merely criminalized, and this is about medicinal use only.

Ok medical use 

how can't it not kill high on that shit driving a car and have  accident and kill someone.

Lung cancer