PM’s son gets promotion

geovalin

The ruling Cambodian People’s Party (CPP) has promoted Prime Minister Hun Sen’s second son Hun Manith to be deputy chairman of  the Monitoring Committee in the party. According to a decision made by the CPP on Thursday and signed by the prime minister, who is president of the CPP, Mr. Manith was promoted from being a member of the committee to deputy chairman of the committee. 

Last December, within two-days of the CPP’s Central Committee Congress, Mr. Manith was appointed as a member of the committee, while CPP senator Nai Pena was named as the chairman. CPP spokesman Sok Eysan said the appointment of Mr. Manith was made by the permanent committee and did not involve nepotism. 

He added that Mr. Manith was promoted because of his knowledge and capacity, and this committee had no deputy chairman until his appointment.   “This appointment depends on his capacity,” Mr. Eysan said. 

read more http://www.khmertimeskh.com/news/35341/pm---s-son-gets-promotion/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 12/02

Don't care about Cambodia, i have no interest in the place at all.Went  there, once to see the killing fields, etc.No desire to go back.At the hotel in which we stayed, i was offered the services of a 14 year old girl,by the desk staff.Also, the water came out of the basin taps, and shower, a lovely shade of Orange.The hotel, was so near the San Riep.This was in PP.Kids begging,in droves,on the streets.Walking around was not advised,because of the daylight robberies.Gang's dealing on street corners In the open air restaurants,it was really unnerving having to share your meal with a evil looking monkey.They were everywhere.Mind you, this was 12 years ago, it might have changed since.

Oh yeah! forgot,the beers good,but the service by the bar girls was piss poor,and that was not not just one bar.It was like they didn't want to serve us.Not a smile, or a word of hello.Miserable bitches.

So as Cambodia goes,you can keep it.

No doubt there will now be a million posts,saying how wonderful it is.

And, no, i am not a miserable person,i can assure you, there was 8 of us,so it wasn't just me.

4 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Don't care about Cambodia, i have no interest in the place at all.Went  there, once to see the killing fields, etc.No desire to go back.At the hotel in which we stayed, i was offered the services of a 14 year old girl,by the desk staff.Also, the water came out of the basin taps, and shower, a lovely shade of Orange.The hotel, was so near the San Riep.This was in PP.Kids begging,in droves,on the streets.Walking around was not advised,because of the daylight robberies.Gang's dealing on street corners In the open air restaurants,it was really unnerving having to share your meal with a evil looking monkey.They were everywhere.Mind you, this was 12 years ago, it might have changed since.

Oh yeah! forgot,the beers good,but the service by the bar girls was piss poor,and that was not not just one bar.It was like they didn't want to serve us.Not a smile, or a word of hello.Miserable bitches.

And, no, i am not a miserable person,i can assure you, there was 8 of us,so it wasn't just me.

These are fair comments - its still a corrupt, third world dump.

4737 Carlin.

First of all, may i say, that i love your user name.It was Ray Winstones number at the young offenders nick, wasnt it.You should have put a "sir" after it. I always remember him,in the movie saying "4737 Carlin sir"

Back to Cambodia.

As i said, it was a long time ago,but you say that its still the same? Did you go recently? Where did you go? I hear that Sihanookville is not all its cracked up to be either. I had a few mates go there this year and they came back saying that it was full of old,fat,Ferang's after the young girls(no difference there then)But they said it was very sleazy and drug use in open area's.They told me about 'Cherry Girls' now that's a concept i dont understand.

5 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Things have changed a lot since you were there 25 years ago.