Refrigerator with a Power Strip

emanphoto

Since it's darn near impossible to find a refrigerator extension cord here, I've set ours up with the illustrated power strip plus adapter to accommodate to round plugs on the fridge's cord. 

The cable seems pretty heavy duty although could just have 18 gauge inside.  Anyone see anything horrifically wrong with this setup?  Specs on the strip say it's 125V!  WTH? This was bought here AFAIK.

Anyway here's those power strip specs.

125V, 15A, 60HZ, 1875W, Suppressed Voltage Rating 400V

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Edited by emanphoto

What is a "refrigerator extension cord"?

Personally I would have spliced a short length on to the fridge cord (insulated crimps or a choc-bloc and heatshrink) and not bothered with the power strip.

Anyway, nothing really wrong with what you have, I wouldn't worry about the 125V spec, there's way more insulation provided for mechanical strength than you would ever need electrically.

I don't like adaptors if they can be avoided, there are loads of extensions available that take the round pin plugs directly and if you get the decent quality ones the plugs do actually fit.

Can you not move the fridge enough so the cord reaches the outlet?

42 minutes ago, Crossy said:

What is a "refrigerator extension cord"?

Personally I would have spliced a short length on to the fridge cord (insulated crimps or a choc-bloc and heatshrink) and not bothered with the power strip.

Anyway, nothing really wrong with what you have, I wouldn't worry about the 125V spec, there's way more insulation provided for mechanical strength than you would ever need electrically.

I don't like adaptors if they can be avoided, there are loads of extensions available that take the round pin plugs directly and if you get the decent quality ones the plugs do actually fit.

Can you not move the fridge enough so the cord reaches the outlet?

Thanks Crossy.

Not being close enough is exactly the reason I needed something there.  Wife bought a cabinet, fridge needed to move some.  Maybe I misspoke and they are called air conditioner extension cords and not fridge, but a heavy duty single outlet extension cord was what I was thinking of.   I don't like adapters either but anything that keeps me from shopping is a good thing. :)

I've been touching the strip and cords to see if they are getting hot but no heat there.