Tourism minister hopes more Muslim visitors will be lured to Thailand

snoop1130

Oh dear. I have been telling visitors that Thailand is safer than Europe, US, Australia, etc because there aren't many muslims here (not withstanding the endless bloodbath down in the far south). I see many of the news footage of the constantly escalating violence in European cities and feel grateful that we don't see that here. Are those days numbered? Hello Vietnam, may I come in?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

making the place 'appear' muslim-friendly:

Do the Thai-thing and copy something

- this time, the:

- enacting of all this bar-raiding (just like the Kahlwat squads do, down over the border)

- pretend to be clamping down on the beheading-styled happenings etc of the South

- pretend the country isn't kaitowing soley to Buddhism, by going after the Monks

Trouble is that by stirring up the pot, it will backfire on the visiting muslims from down over the border:

It used to be great to bring your little muslim girlie back up over the border, without fear of being prosecuted while up here. I used to do it all the time - and the shopping value in Haatyai made it even extra worthwhile, compared to Malaysia - a nice fringe benefit... 

Edited by tifino

"Hotel Muslim"

On a dark desert highway, cool wind in my hair
Warm smell of Halal food, rising up through the air
Up ahead in the distance, I saw a shimmering light
My head grew heavy and my sight grew dim
I had to stop for the night
There she stood in the doorway;
I heard the mission bell
And I was thinking to myself,
"This could be Heaven or this could be Hell"
Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way
There were voices down the corridor,
I thought I heard them say...

Welcome to the Hotel Muslim
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely tale)
Such a lovely veil
Plenty of room at the Hotel Muslim
Any time of year (Any time of year)
You can pray here

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes benz
She got a lot of bearded boys she calls friends
How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.
Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

So I called up the Reception,
"Please bring me lemon and lime"
He said, "We haven't had that lemonade here since nineteen sixty nine"
And still those voices are calling from far away,
Wake you up in the middle of the night
Just to hear them pray...

Welcome to the Hotel Muslim
Such a lovely place (Such a lovely tale)
Such a lovely veil
They livin' it up at the Hotel Muslim
What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
Bring your allah byes

Mosiacs on the ceiling,
The Persian carpets are nice
And she said "We are all just prisoners here, an explosive device"
And in the master's chambers,
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives,
But they just can't kill the beast

Last thing I remember, I was
Running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax, " said the imam,
"We are programmed to deceive.
You can check-out any time you like,
Press the button on your sleave! "

6 hours ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Are their any Christian themed hotels in Thailand? With a Christian Prayer room. A Christian swimming pool. A Christian restaurant serving Christian food. Are there? Or what about a Mormon hotel? Or a Scientology hotel with a giant observatory? Bet Tom Cruise would come.

The Bangkok Christian Guest House | Christian hospitality

The Juniper Tree - Home

Alliance Mission Home

6 hours ago, Docno said:

You're quite right that some of the prevailing attitudes toward Muslims are inaccurate. Below is a pic I took in Bandung, Indonesia, a couple of weeks ago. I was the only bule (farang) in the joint. There were many women there in hijab, and all the boyfriends/husbands were drinking. Muslim woman in a headscarf got up and did a great job on a couple of Stones covers and AC/DC (Highway to Hell!)... see photo below. Wish Trump could have seen this...

DSC00692.jpg

Thanks for providing an eyewitness account of how normal people live their lives.

It is a measure of the limited imaginations and narrow mindedness of so many posters that they cannot conceive that there are millions of people born into Islamic societies who regard the religious proscriptions put upon them as oppressive and as something to escape.

Not as things that they enjoy observing, and certainly not as things they would want to die or kill for.

Edited by Enoon

12 hours ago, lonewolf99 said:

Maybe they can join forces with the Muslims in the south and help take over the 4 Southern Provinces.......

If any one thinks not all Muslims are terrorists.....go tell that to the relatives of the 230 people that have died in France alone since 2015........

Before any one gets on it... I have worked in Saudi, Qatar, Algeria and Kazakhstan and along side Pakistani muslim that just don't get it when it come to any one else is way never mind western

ways.

Brainwashed .....and as already mentioned don't push religion in to other peoples life.  You will always get the reaction  you did  not want.

I know all Muslims are not terrorists. 

10 hours ago, The manic said:

From tourism minister to terrorism minister. She should be sent to Iran or Riyadh or the suburbs of Paris... Or Birmingham UK. 

Been to Riyadh. It was dull and surprisingly cold. 

Go to Birmingham a lot. Lot more interesting though just as cold. 

You know what though, never seen a terrorist in either place. 

Or tourists for that. 

8 hours ago, FunkyDunky58 said:

Oh dear. I have been telling visitors that Thailand is safer than Europe, US, Australia, etc because there aren't many muslims here (not withstanding the endless bloodbath down in the far south). I see many of the news footage of the constantly escalating violence in European cities and feel grateful that we don't see that here. Are those days numbered? Hello Vietnam, may I come in?

Lots of Thai Muslims live in Thailand you know? 

Separatist conflicts do tend to be violent, though in the southern case those responsible for committing atrocities and war crimes come from 2 faiths.

Edited by Bluespunk

4 hours ago, Enoon said:

Thanks for providing an eyewitness account of how normal people live their lives.

It is a measure of the limited imaginations and narrow mindedness of so many posters that they cannot conceive that there are millions of people born into Islamic societies who regard the religious proscriptions put upon them as oppressive and as something to escape.

Not as things that they enjoy observing, and certainly not as things they would want to die or kill for.

And those people will be among the first killed by the Islamic fundamentalists when they get into power. people who are not true muslim are the same as the infidels. Read the Koran.

18 hours ago, Enoon said:

There's an additional angle beyond that. Some Muslims don't see religious requirements 'as oppressive and as something to escape' ... they just live around them (just like the millions of Roman Catholics who use birth control). I had a Muslim Indonesian girlfriend for a time. She would often go out in her hijab (me with her), but it depended on how she felt that day. She could also dress very sexily and go to a dance club with me. She was a devout believer but didn't care that I am an atheist. I've read the Quran cover to cover, and she didn't mind when I debated her on some issues. She even had a copy of the Satanic Verses that she'd bought before I'd met her. She sometimes drank (not much) and had Christians among her friends. And she hated what the radicals were doing to her religion (and doing in the name of her religion) as well as the impact that was having on how Islam is seen around the world. She certainly wasn't unusual, in these regards, among the Indonesians I've met and worked with. I'm no fan of Islamic ideology (by far!), but people like her represent the silent majority of Muslims who get little press coverage because they are simply living their lives...  

10 minutes ago, sawadeeken said:

GOOD....GOOD.....GOOD

Thank you Thailand............ 

Trump sure don't want them in the US and I think he's done a bit more thinking about it (Something to do with percentages, I think.......) 

Trump...think...

Yeah, right.

First the sexpat tourism embarassment in Pattaya, now the encouragement of a Muslim invasion, as if I need any more reasons today to justify why we are leaving Thailand.

Have any of these people been to Phuket - especially northern Phuket? They need to go and see what happens after 'encouraging' Muslims to come (and stay).  There are more Mosques than Temples there - they will take over (Malaysia ring a bell? Indonesia?).  

16 minutes ago, thai3 said:
37 minutes ago, Docno said:

. I'm no fan of Islamic ideology (by far!), but people like her represent the silent majority of Muslims who get little press coverage because they are simply living their lives...  

People like her are totally relevant as while they might not be aiding the Islamic movement as such, they do nothing against the horrors committed in it's name. Where is the worldwide Islamic peace movement, where are the Islamic demos riots and threats when  jihadist slaughter in the name of her god? There are moderates but no matter how many there are is not important, none of them have ever changed a line in their hateful, violent divisive Koran, and non intend to either.

Edited 10 minutes ago by thai3

Everything is 'usually' based on percentages.......... with that in mind I will mention my own belief.......

"There just Ain't no 10's"............... BUT........ at the same time "there just Ain't no Zero's" (unless you might be talking about 'suicide bombers')......... so as far as muslims (intentionally not capitalized) go ---- the same formula will apply....... 

I know there are good muslims who are suffering, because they are in the small percents and judged by the 'Bad', But it has become necessary because of the percentages to "Be very Careful" .... 

Sorry for the good ones.... But........ in Today's World........ It is necessary to be careful.....

And when I check in for my flight and must be screened to see if I am 'safe' to fly............ I am very understanding. Because i know they are only trying to be safe........... And when I think about why I must go thru 'security checks'........ I think about one religion and their koran that fit into the highest percentages of the 'ONE'S who have caused the need for all that security..........

Again............ Percentages...............

3 hours ago, ELVIS123456 said:

First the sexpat tourism embarassment in Pattaya, now the encouragement of a Muslim invasion, as if I need any more reasons today to justify why we are leaving Thailand.

Have any of these people been to Phuket - especially northern Phuket? They need to go and see what happens after 'encouraging' Muslims to come (and stay).  There are more Mosques than Temples there - they will take over (Malaysia ring a bell? Indonesia?).  

Erm,  hasn't Phuket had a significant Muslim population for centuries now?

Thais choosing to follow their faith.

Do they need your permission all of a sudden?