Retirement extension expiration/renewal date 'adjustment'

My Retirement extension expiration/renewal date is set for the latter part of September.  Due to a recurring commitment requiring my presence in my home country about the 2nd week of October, it would be very helpful if the extension expiration/renewal date took place sometime between 3rd week of November - 1st week of March.  

Is there a way of adjusting that date other than allowing it to expire, then applying for a new one?  Is there a penalty for allowing the original to expire?   If the long term extension becomes a reality, these questions would become virtually irrelevant.

There is no way of adjusting the date. 

If you are the spouse or parent of a Thai you could apply for one 60 day extension at the end of the current permit to stay and then apply for a 1 year extension in November.

Otherwise all you can do is let it expire and start the process again with a new Non Immigrant Visa Entry. Unless you are planning to apply for a residents permit (which you probably don't qualify for if retired) there is no downside to doing this as renewals are effectively brand new applications each year.

• Like 1

Have I overlooked something here? (maybe it's too late n the day for me).

Your extension expires late in September.

You ought to be home in October.

Why not do your retirement extension in September.

Same day after you have your extension until Sep 2018 you apply for a re-entry permit (single  or multiple) which allows you to travel back and forth until September 2018 without loosing your extension status.

between 3rd week of November - 1st week of March

Coming back before 3rd week of November 2017?

What happens after 1st week of March 2018?

Was hoping to keep a long, drawn out scenario short and concise without too many paragraphs by saying "end of Sept target date is not at all convenient", which includes the 30-45 day application period prior to that date.  

So, considering the application window, etc; ideal range would be anytime from 3rd week of November to 1st week of March as that is a time period that I will for sure be sitting at home in Thailand and not traveling here, there and yon.   Early March is when my travel bug starts itching, partly due to predicted weather and climate conditions in Thailand as well as abroad, from April to October.  

Obviously, there can always be 2nd, 3rd or 4th choices; but, why bother with that.  Thus, my question was; how to 'adjust' or reconfigure the current, unworkable, existing date to a more workable date, other than to let it expire and start over.  And, yes; my wife is a Thai citizen; am thinking "elviajero's" suggestion might be a workable solution; however, it requires that I be in Thailand 30-45 days prior to . . . ., at least one more time.  

10 minutes ago, BillH52 said:

And, yes; my wife is a Thai citizen; am thinking "elviajero's" suggestion might be a workable solution; however, it requires that I be in Thailand 30-45 days prior to . . . ., at least one more time.  

It would not be 30 to 45 days before. Immigration probably would not do the 60 day extension until the last 2 weeks of your current extension.

Since you are married to a Thai that would make it easy for you get a single entry non-o visa to reset the month your extension is due.