Ecuadorian woman and Russian man arrested in Suvarnabhumi Airport cocaine bust

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, buick said:

i've never seen a dog in suvarnabumi.  i'm sure they have them but i've gone through the airport 8-10 times a year for 10 years.  my bet is this was a tip off.  and while the officers were busy with her, the other mules came on through.

The dog may have been at the airport they left from, customs tip off the other end all the time, it may be that they need the evidence of the person picking up the bag or that they hope that someone else will be implicated, as in this case.

38 minutes ago, Cracker2000 said:

Got to go with Singapore too, executed an Ethnic Chinease Ozy a few years ago and didnt give a dam what Australia said!

And Saudi, China, Iran and Vietnam, and that's about the lot, of those that see it through anyway, with China and Iran executing by far the most.

8 hours ago, Mook23 said:

Drugs are fun! (If u can handle them) ??

Nightclubbing from grace jones + some cocaine + drinks + perky company = great (and the soundtrack of my life 15 years ago) ???

Drugs are for people who can't handle reality.

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

==============

Oh yeah, how on earth did they convert cocaine into a creme???

Edited by jaywalker

1 hour ago, jaywalker said:

Drugs are for people who can't handle reality.

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

==============

Oh yeah, how on earth did they convert cocaine into a creme???

Reality is an illusion. Space (time) and all things in "universe" are supposedly real but no earthling, not even einstein, were able to explain all. Animals accept their existence. We should too, smoke weed, practice pacifism, bang and enjoy our microtime here on blue planet. 

7 hours ago, buick said:

i've never seen a dog in suvarnabumi.  i'm sure they have them but i've gone through the airport 8-10 times a year for 10 years.  my bet is this was a tip off.  and while the officers were busy with her, the other mules came on through.

'Have seen dogs many many times there, but always outside the secure area, usually on the check-in level.  'Don't think I've ever seen them on the secure side and pretty sure never in the baggage claim area or around the customs counters.   Quite the opposite from LAX for example, where there are always dogs at work in the baggage claim area and the (usually long) customs lines.  'No idea if the dogs I do see at SUV are there sniffing for drugs or for explosives though.   I would think there are usually dogs (and other means of detection) at work in the SUV baggage transfer areas where travelers wouldn't ever see them. 

13 hours ago, natway09 said:

Totally agree Shawn0000, they are just  usually poor people trying to make a dollar.

Try to trace it back to the big fish & cut their balls off

Since the dawn of man people have wanted to get high, you will never stop it.

Do you think those tribes in the Amazon that have rarely been seen by man should get a bit of bang up for getting high and pushing drugs onto their kids.

Cocaine just makes idiots talk shi7, let them do it.

Edited by ffaarraanngg

9 hours ago, buick said:

I saw a beagle at the baggage carousel at Suvarnabhumi a month ago when I flew in

14 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

Could have been walking past a dog for example.

If it was so easy to smuggle it in cream form, much less people would swallow it I think. 

They would probably be suspicious if you bring 30 bottles of shampoo.

I really feel sorry for most drug mules I read about. We never know what their situation is or whether they are being threatened. If someone was holding my son or daughter hostage I'd do it.

1 hour ago, whaleboneman said:

It's a dissolved solid. How would it show up exactly? Serious question.

It shows different colors for different types of substances, such as organic, metal, plastic, etc.  If they got the choice right then they would show the same color, but who knows, perhaps it was not the right color, perhaps they were suspicious of the number of bottles, her body language or perhaps they were tipped off, many possibilities.

how did they detect the cocaine in the first place? anyone have ideas or information about this?  i'm just curious if airport security relies on behavioral profiling?  was the itinerary a tip off?  or are there trained dogs who detect drugs in luggage?

12 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

'Have seen dogs many many times there, but always outside the secure area, usually on the check-in level.  'Don't think I've ever seen them on the secure side and pretty sure never in the baggage claim area or around the customs counters.   Quite the opposite from LAX for example, where there are always dogs at work in the baggage claim area and the (usually long) customs lines.  'No idea if the dogs I do see at SUV are there sniffing for drugs or for explosives though.   I would think there are usually dogs (and other means of detection) at work in the SUV baggage transfer areas where travelers wouldn't ever see them. 

I watched a documentary about sniffer dogs in the UK a few years back, they said that 9 out of 10 dogs "sniffer" dogs are actually just regular dogs but the handler is trained to read body language as they walk around people with the dog sniffing about.

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

If you ae going to execute stupid people, Thailand is going to be quite empty.

talking about yoursel   as there are many intelegant thai people   and as Always it is there country so dont get the empty bit at all 

Cream is hardly sophisticated, they have made it into clear plastic and made fish tanks, colored plastic and made entire car dashboards, black rubber and made suitcases, fiberglass and made dog kennels, mixed it in with organic fertilizer, absolutely all sorts, and those were all undetectable by sniffer dogs, the cartels are employing some clever chemists these days.

On 14/02/2017 at 11:31 AM, rwdrwdrwd said:

Pretty sure that he wouldn't have been handing the cash to the courier. Money would have been exchanged with the people that controlled the courier in another way, and probably by the people that controlled him (if he's guilty)

The ones that get caught with the hands on their goods at the point of exchange are the pawns, not the kings and queens.

These r just mules, we all know drugs r never smuggle via air..

These r just mules, we all know drugs r never smuggle via air..

Vast majority of cocaine enters Thailand via commercial air.

A mule can swallow 2kg worth about 10 million baht on the streets of bangkok.

They get paid 300,000 baht in exchange for the extremely low risk of getting caught.

These busts are laughingly rare.. maybe once every couple months at the airport.

And since it is so rare to get caught, vast majority of product is being sent elsewhere where it is worth more.. singapore, sydney.

On 2/14/2017 at 11:08 AM, waldroj said:

"... Police say he was the intended recipient of the drugs...He was found in possession of 278,320 baht, 31,700 roubles and $100 US..."

Surely, this must have only been a down payment (approx. $8,600 US) if 2.3 kilos of cocaine is involved ???

See http://www.narcoticnews.com/drug-prices/cocaine/asia/

not from where they originated from... $3000-5000 is the cost

4 hours ago, wreckingcountry said:

Cocaine cream form?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

yes cream form.... as the poster below this original post pointed out ...in many forms are being transported... in soaked in cloths (Textile) undetectable and just needs the right formula to extract. The Chemistry as a science, is and will continue to discover new and develop old methods. Remember, the average persons knowledge of what blow should look like or how its transported, is from media.