muang borang (ancient city)

roger101

My sister is coming to visit me next month and although she has been before we have never been to Muang Borang. What I need to know is the best way to drive there. Not necessarily the shortest or the quickest  but the easiest way.

Thank you

Edited by roger101
more info

it's probably more about what time, and of what day of the week...

we went up there from SriRacha

got off the xpressway at Chonburi, to get onto the western end of sukhumvit road

the place is actually fronted onto sukhumvit rd itself.

- all you then need to do is keep a look out for the correct bridge to turn right onto, to cross over the canal

This outdoor museum preserving traditional architecture ( Ancient Siam) is the best kept secret in Thailand. Opens at 9am; closes at 5pm. Entrance fee (700 baht /350 baht you have work visa) includes a bicycle for riding or one can rent a golf cart. Inexpensive Thai food at the floating market.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Burapha Withi expressway, then the Highway 9 ring road, exit at Sri Nakarin road and keep going south and turn left into Sukhumvit

Avoid Highway 7 as there are roadworks just after the Airport, long queues to get into the 9

on google maps

Taking the 'old' Sukhumvit all the way from Chon buri is a bit meandering but doable if you have the time and enjoy the sight of 'rural' Thailand

Edited by digbeth

12 hours ago, toenail said:

Entrance fee (700 baht /350 baht you have work visa)

I agree its a very good place to visit  its just a real shame that they started the despicable double pricing 

it's certainly worth 300 baht...700 maybe maybe not

( I went with my wife and parents years ago and it was 50 baht per person then )

DSCF0084 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0088 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0053 (Medium).JPG

• 2 weeks later...