Golf Pro. Instructor ?

prk888

A few years ago we had a very good golf pro.  to teach us the basics of golf.  He is Swedish and worked here in Pattaya of course.  We now  want to use him again when friends visit mid year.  

Most of the Golf Association websites i look at are in Thai with no email addresses so any ideas who  I can email/contact to see where he now works?

Many thanks

Sounds as though it could be Tyrone Renggli golf Pro and instructor 

Who used to have a place above the Green trees golf driving range on the Railway bypass.

He has just opened a new place at the Soi Siam Country club, maybe you could call them for more innfo

1 hour ago, prk888 said:

very many thanks but not him.  If you pm me the new club name or contact number I  will call anyway in case he might know.  Thanks again

His web site here - http://www.tprgolfacademy.com/

He is still teaching at both locations until the end of this month when he moves permanently to Siam - initially Plantation until the new facilities at Waterside are completed.

He was teaching today at Greenway - I was there :smile:

1 hour ago, n210mp said:

Sounds as though it could be Tyrone Renggli golf Pro and instructor 

Who used to have a place above the Green trees golf driving range on the Railway bypass.

He has just opened a new place at the Soi Siam Country club, maybe you could call them for more info

He has been teaching at both places I think for over a year

10 hours ago, Encid said:

What are his teaching rates?

I need some corrections.

If you look at his web site and go through as if booking online you can see details of his lessons - basically 1500baht for 50 minutes for one off lessons.

On 15/02/2017 at 10:13 PM, topt said:

He is still teaching at both locations until the end of this month when he moves permanently to Siam - initially Plantation until the new facilities at Waterside are completed.

very many thanks but not him.  If you pm me the new club name or contact

On 15/02/2017 at 10:13 PM, topt said:

number I  will call anyway in case he might know.  Thanks again

talked with him but couldn't; help.  thanks

he has been spotted locally recently so am hopeful soon to track him down

Just thought I would add a bit to the thread. No idea who or where the Swedish Golf Pro is but as far as I am aware there are only 2 PGA Registered Golf Pros in Pattaya and Tyronne isn't one of them. 

There again it depends what you class as a “Pro Golfer”. Someone who is PGA registered or isn't but just charges money for lessons.  

5 hours ago, Top Cat said:

Just thought I would add a bit to the thread. No idea who or where the Swedish Golf Pro is but as far as I am aware there are only 2 PGA Registered Golf Pros in Pattaya and Tyronne isn't one of them. 

There again it depends what you class as a “Pro Golfer”. Someone who is PGA registered or isn't but just charges money for lessons.  

That was the point of my first question.  Is there a National register of PGA golf pros I wonder?

Not sure if he was professional but certainly gave good lessons

15 hours ago, Top Cat said:

Can you tell us who the 2 are and where they work from?

5 hours ago, topt said:

Can you tell us who the 2 are and where they work from?

Certainly.

One's a Scotsman who (if I remember correctly) is called Mike McLeod and works at the Pattaya Driving Range on Third Road (towards the Pattaya Nui end).

The other's an Englishman called David Race who works at the Diana Driving Range. The Diana Driving Range is situated at the Diana Garden Resort which is located between Third Road and Sukumvit (towards the Pattaya Nui end). Theres a sign for the Diana Garden Resort on Third Road, not far from the Pattaya Driving Range, which directs you to the Soi. 

6 hours ago, Top Cat said:

Certainly.

One's a Scotsman who (if I remember correctly) is called Mike McLeod and works at the Pattaya Driving Range on Third Road (towards the Pattaya Nui end).

The other's an Englishman called David Race who works at the Diana Driving Range. The Diana Driving Range is situated at the Diana Garden Resort which is located between Third Road and Sukumvit (towards the Pattaya Nui end). Theres a sign for the Diana Garden Resort on Third Road, not far from the Pattaya Driving Range, which directs you to the Soi. 

Thanks. I have seen and heard the guy teaching at the Third Road range on many an occasion - his name is McLaren by the way not McLeod :smile:

Using your link I also found this -

John O'Flynn

PGA Professional

Grade: AA

Open/Close

Address:
Siam Country Club
Pattaya Old Course
50 Moo 9 T. Banglamung
Pong, Bang Lumung District
Chon Buri
THAILAND

0066 3890 9700

Thanks as I never knew there were so many UK pros based in Thailand.

16 hours ago, topt said:

Thanks. I have seen and heard the guy teaching at the Third Road range on many an occasion - his name is McLaren by the way not McLeod :smile:

Using your link I also found this -

John O'Flynn

PGA Professional

Grade: AA

Open/Close

Address:
Siam Country Club
Pattaya Old Course
50 Moo 9 T. Banglamung
Pong, Bang Lumung District
Chon Buri
THAILAND

0066 3890 9700

Thanks as I never knew there were so many UK pros based in Thailand.

Thanks for confirming its Mike McLaren and not McLeod. Quite embarrassing as I have met him, although it was some years ago now.

Didn't know about John O'Flynn at Siam Country Club but I suppose PGA Pros must come and go all the time. 

Archived