Penang SETV

24 minutes ago, danielbehcy said:

Hi, there is a van outside thai consulate. they provided internet wifi, printing service, visa instant photo, document copy, bus trip and air ticket booking if you need. cheers

I used the guy outside who runs that van to arrange a taxi for me back to Georgetown, he is a Chinese Malaysian guy, seemed like a nice guy. I had all my photo's, documents, copies pre-prepared, I would imagine it would work out slightly more expensive to use him for photo's, documents etc but he is a useful fail safe for anyone missing any documents. He also can arrange transport to Hatyai, Krabi, Phuket, Samui etc

I was traveling back to BKK via air so I have no personal experience of his services beyond booking a taxi but again it might help someone to know there is that option. His number/whatsapp is +60164144451 should it help anyone.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vinniekintana said:

This 'nice guy' is chargin 2RM for a photocopy that costs 20 sen in town

He wanted to 'issue' a fake air ticket for me for a paltry 50 RM...LOL

Convenience pricing, of course.  Beats taking a taxi somewhere else at that moment.

On the air-ticket, he is probably using the auto-expiring ticket service; the ticket is "real" and in the customer's name for 1 to 2 days, then automatically cancelled.  The cost of those is about 43 RM, so 7RM is his take, I assume including a free printout.  We have debated here before whether those auto-expiring tickets, or buying and canceling a refundable ticket directly, or buying a cheap ticket - none of which one ever intends to actually use - is ethical - or if any of these options is really "more ethical" than the others. 

Much better, IMO, to ask to see a bank-balance of 100K baht+, which would better gauge one's ability to fund one's trip, lodging, and timely-departure - all without illegal employment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Mickster58 said:

heyall - With the flight back out of Thailand, does it have to be 60 days after the entry date or can it be 90 days afte?. Because of being able to apply for a 30-day extension after 60 days in Thailand..

In Savanahket, a flight 85 days out was OK, a couple months ago.  To find out for sure for PP, best to contact an agent who knows what they expect (this week).