Closing Times

hawker9000

1 hour ago, Lovethailandelite said:

I believe it is officially 12am unless they are situated in a designated entertainment zone and have the correct licence. Phuket was pulled into line last week.

"12am" has been found (in the recent thread about bar closing) to confuse far too many of our illiterates. So to avoid further puzzlement & another long discussion, let's be careful to use "midnight" for that hour.

3 minutes ago, topt said:

The correct time is whatever they feel they can get away with :smile:

In Pattaya you will certainly find most clubs open until at least 2am and many well after that.

The correct time is midnight unless it's in a designated entertainment zone. There are very few licences that legally allow opening past midnight.....Watch this space over the next few months as to what is about to kick off :smile:

7 minutes ago, Lovethailandelite said:

The correct time is midnight unless it's in a designated entertainment zone. There are very few licences that legally allow opening past midnight.....Watch this space over the next few months as to what is about to kick off :smile:

I somehow knew I should have qualified my post or you would come back with the "correct" or "legal" time. OP did not ask what was the "correct time" but what were the "current closing times" but who knows maybe that is what he was really asking. As a guess I suggest he was looking for actual times hence my not quite so tongue in cheek initial comment :coffee1:

7 minutes ago, topt said:

I somehow knew I should have qualified my post or you would come back with the "correct" or "legal" time. OP did not ask what was the "correct time" but what were the "current closing times" but who knows maybe that is what he was really asking. As a guess I suggest he was looking for actual times hence my not quite so tongue in cheek initial comment :coffee1:

No problem. A lot of bars in the side soi's close early anyway as there is not a lot of business around to stay open for. After yesterday (I did put a report up regarding hotel's) It will get a whole lot quieter I should imagine. 

Archived