Srisuwan wants ethics panel to investigate 7 lawmakers

webfact

Srisuwan wants ethics panel to investigate 7 lawmakers

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi37Tr9vdpztSPj5q4u7jf3fAf

BANGKOK: -- Thai Constitution Protection Association secretary-general Srisuwan Janya said Thursday that he would ask the ethics committee of the National Legislative Assembly to investigate seven assemblymen for frequenting missing assembly meetings.

He said that even if these lawmakers had notified the NLA of their absence from the meetings in advance, they were still required to show up to attend at least one-thirds of the meetings.

Srisuwan noted that the code of ethics of the NLA mandated that the lawmakers must devote their time to attend meetings.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/srisuwan-wants-ethics-panel-investigate-7-lawmakers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-02-17

Prayuth's brother a no show on legislature, collects salary anyway

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

201609281314091-20030315183328-768x531.j

Prayuth Chan-ocha poses for photo with his brother Preecha Chan-ocha on Sept. 28, 2016, at Government House

BANGKOK — Members of the National Legislative Assembly voted 453 times on resolutions in a six-month period last year; however, the brother of junta chairman Prayuth Chan-ocha, who receives a sizeable salary, has only done so six of those times.

Gen. Preecha Chan-ocha’s absenteeism was brought to light by a legal reform group which pointed out he failed to show up the mandatory number of times under the legislature’s bylaws. But after raising the issue, the Internet Law Reform Dialogue, or iLaw, was notified Wednesday from by assembly’s acting secretariat that Preecha – and seven others called out in the report – had permission not to attend.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/02/16/prayuths-brother-no-show-legislature-collects-salary-anyway/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-02-17

6 times out of 453 is little over 1%. If we think of that in working terms, that is like working for only 3 or 4 days a year (obviously less if we're factoring holidays etc).. I would love to know what his reasons for non attendance were as he is long since retired from the army. Granted the guy is thick as 2 short planks, and a stupid excuse is expected, but seriously this is basically thievery

I mean does it really matter? The NLA always votes 189:0 on everything.

In any event, Preecha maybe had a note from his brother saying he could miss "work" today.

4-legged nepotism good.

FOr these chaps pulling down four or five different "salaries" it's not hard to become unusually wealthy.

Corruption is great. Mind you assuming that this brother has the same level of political and economic sense as that of the Junta PM,  then why vote 7 times - He possibly would not have a clue or a modicum of understanding of what he was voting for.   Anyway he was possibly far too busy bribing officials in Phitsanulok regarding his massive house built without land ownership papers and the other irregularities that he never declared at his appointment to office.

Edited by whatawonderfulday

He is doing the country a favor by just stayed in bed all day.  Doubtful his input is any more helpful than all the other appointed buffoons. 

Not the point your selected or appointed if you dont show up but collect a salary its wrong.

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Not the point your selected or appointed if you dont show up but collect a salary its wrong.

You are trying to apply good ethics accountability to those who have none.    Your point is obviously correct, but if you think the junta will serve the Thai people anytime soon, you may be holding your breath for a long time.

You are trying to apply good ethics accountability to those who have none.    Your point is obviously correct, but if you think the junta will serve the Thai people anytime soon, you may be holding your breath for a long time.

Junta or PTP or whoever once in power they serve themselves. Just supporting the one who is least worse in my eyes. Does not mean i agree with all they do. I am one of the few that actually als comments on problems at the goverent i prefer.

This is shameful and he should pay back his salary.

7 hours ago, SaintLouisBlues said:

It's called "working from home"

also called "free money", corruption, fraud, nepotism, favoritism, and arrogance, just off the top of my head

Edited by Dap