Engine flushing tool

farmerjo

Hi Jo, What excatly is the problem? lots of loose rust flakes in the block? Rad bunged,or something? if its easy to get the water pump off that leaves a large hole, fit a water pressure hose near the back of block,that should wash out flakes ect. Rad,caustic soda should eat the crap out of that, let us know what needs flushing so better info for you,, 

Cheers, 

1 hour ago, Lickey said:

Hi Jo, What excatly is the problem? lots of loose rust flakes in the block? Rad bunged,or something? if its easy to get the water pump off that leaves a large hole, fit a water pressure hose near the back of block,that should wash out flakes ect. Rad,caustic soda should eat the crap out of that, let us know what needs flushing so better info for you,, 

Cheers, 

Hi Lickey,

The engine was running up to 110 degrees so pulled the thermostat out and tested it.

When the temp goes up it doesn't come back down.(engine)

Noticed quite a bit of crap in the water inside block and radiator.

So just want to give it a good flush in situe,these tools are in every auto shop back home.

Sorry for posting here but i figured would have more chance of finding a solution here than the motoring forum.

Jo, 

K.I.S.S.

By a bottle of rad flush from Tesco and bung that in. Then after the requisite period of time bung a garden hose into the end of the top engine hose,  sealed with and old rag and reverse flush all the gunk out. 

When finished add green coolant, also from Tesco, to the water to prevent corrosion. "Anti-freeze" is not just to protect from freezing. If you already had 50/50 coolant reduce it to 30/70 and the temp will drop a little. 

Failing that you water pump impeller had corroded away:-)

Thanks VN,

Will get some next week,never used the chemical before always the other way with the tool.

Guess it must be good stuff as when i went to a large mechanical shop then a radiator repair shop and enquired about the tool they said they had never seen one in Thailand,they use chemical.

Pretty sure the pump impellor is ok as the bearings are fine with no play.

The thermostat was sticky and opened at a higher temp then rated to open so purchased a new one but haven't fitted it yet until i get the system flushed. 

Archived