Another Pai Lodging Question

seeker108

Hi All,

3 years ago I stayed in a lovely and reasonably priced little resort owned by a young couple about 1 or 2 km west of town on the north side of the river uphill from the road and river with a little creek running through it and a Luk Kob tree near the main house. It had a couple of houses on stilts and quite a few bungalows even at that time. Can anyone think of the name of this place?

Thanks for any help. A friend is heading up there and is asking me for the name and haven't a clue now what the name was.

:o

I live very near Pai, and cannot think of where you mean....it is possible that it was severely damaged by the mud slide we had last year.....but no matter.....there are very many lovely places to stay....many are downright cheap....

Tell your friend that, when they arrive in Pai, to hire a motorbike, leave their luggage at the bike hire shop.....and just do a tour....they are sure to find a suitable spot at the right price.

Perhaps a more accurate description from my side is necessary. As you come out of town, heading toward the hot spring places, you take a left turn shortly after crossing the river and follow the road that runs parallel to the river. And now that I think about it the river takes a bend shortly after you get on the road so that you are actually heading north (not west as I originally stated) with the river on your left. After about 2 km the place is on the right side, perhaps 5 meters above the level of the road with the property sloping gently uphill away from the road and river. I think this place would have been far too elevated to have been affected by floods or mudslides.

Perhaps a more accurate description from my side is necessary. As you come out of town, heading toward the hot spring places, you take a left turn shortly after crossing the river and follow the road that runs parallel to the river. And now that I think about it the river takes a bend shortly after you get on the road so that you are actually heading north (not west as I originally stated) with the river on your left. After about 2 km the place is on the right side, perhaps 5 meters above the level of the road with the property sloping gently uphill away from the road and river. I think this place would have been far too elevated to have been affected by floods or mudslides.

shall go for a trundle down there tomorrow....and shall let you know what i find....Ho hum....nice to be busy for a change.....luckily for you , i am not going fishing tomorrow!

and my lovely lady wife now tells me that the place is called...baan ton mai.... and there are many new bungalows just built there.....Have no idea of prices , though.

Edited by ronw

Sounds to me like your could be talking about Pairadise or Suan Doi.

But check out this partial map of the Pai environs area & take your pic, which place.

116970273-M.jpg

Map is from the 3rd edition of the GT Rider Mae Hong Son Loop map due out Dec 27 in Chiang Mai.