Jomtien Im Office: Special requirements for mariage 1y extension

I have to renew my 1 year extension mariage VISA.

The Jomtien Immigration Office have special requirements that  are specific to that office.

Please inform me if nothing has been changed/added/cancelled since last year (2016) in Jomtien:

1 - Thai Witness: not required in most offices

Jomtien: Thai Withness with a Tabian Ban registered in Nongprue + photo of the witness in your home

2 - Letter from the Bank available 30 days

Jomtien: available 2 days maximum

3 - Bank statment for 2 months and updated the same day as the application day

Jomtien: In 2016 because my bank book was not updated for many months I asked my bank to print a 3 months statment. The thai officer refused and asked me a new 8 months statment (that I provided later of course).

I ask you that question because Jomtien is different than other immigration offices, I would like to be sure to have all the required documents to avoid to loose time.

Thank you.

If you have a Thai child it should negate the need for a witness. I have never needed a witness at Jomtien but they did take a copy of my daughters birth certificate and I included her in the three photos I provided when I renewed my extension last month.

29 minutes ago, Spellforce said:

2 - Letter from the Bank available 30 days

Jomtien: available 2 days maximum

I am not aware that any immigration office will accept a bank letter that old. Seven days at the most and many will not accept one older than the day before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orac said:

If you have a Thai child it should negate the need for a witness.

Yes I forgot to say that in Jomtien a thai witness is(?)/was required only if you don't have a childr.

Some offices in Thailand still don't ask to bring a thai witness (Koh Samui for instance).

59 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not aware that any immigration office will accept a bank letter that old. Seven days at the most and many will not accept one older than the day before.

I know for sure that in Koh Samui that letter is working today at least for 7 days and that letter expired only after 2 days at Jomtien (in 2016). I did a research on thaivisa forum and I readed that in some province that letter is working for 30 days.