Video: Bike racer takes a tumble but lives!

rooster59

On 2/20/2017 at 1:02 PM, johng said:

err do you mean  while you where driving the car  ?  or  while the car was sat still in your drive ?

The road is very straight and wide, the entrance to my house is hard to see so when my son's friend a farang and his Thai G/F were following me, he never been to my house before.  I’m going very slow and turn on my right indicator to show him that I will turn about 100mt before the entrance to my house. I looked in mirrors  to see him indicate so to follow me he was about 10mt behind I did not see any motorcycle maybe because they were behind him they should not have gone past him he had indicator on same as me, I think they were racing and not looking where they are going.   Also the entrance is about 20cm step down because they built new road up, so I have to go slow.

If they did the right thing and drive on the left hand side of the road and then go to the left of a car turning right all would have been ok.  

He said he saw them come past him looking at each other and laughing and at high speed, maybe 100 kilos+ I was on my drive. I never saw them at all I was nearly fully on my drive, I just felt a big bang when they hit my car and knock the car sideways about 2mt my car is 2,500kilo so must have been going very fast.

They must have been behind the other car 10mt behind me and went past him in error and not see me as no skid marks on the road.

If going 100kilo they will cover 100mt in 3.6 seconds so if see me from 27mt they only have 1 second to react, I think no chance to do anything they were not concentrating on the road only who could win the race.  I could have done nothing to prevent this tragic accident.   

I feel sorry that they died and the image of them on the ground will always be with me, I did help them and stopped other people trying to pick them off the floor until ambulances come.

Me and the driver behind are not 100% sure where they come from he never saw them until they went passed him, and I never saw them at all. They could have just come along the wrong side of the road at high speed.  But the general opinion is they overtook a car that was indicating to turn right and hit me in the side all 4 of my wheels were in the drive they hit me square on. 
The police have charged me with causing death by careless driving. At the latest court hearing they seemed to have reduced the charge to shared responsibility.  But we will see what happens , but my Lawyer says whatever I'll end up paying money guilty or innocent.         

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, denishuahin said:

The police have charged me with causing death by careless driving. At the latest court hearing they seemed to have reduced the charge to shared responsibility.  But we will see what happens , but my Lawyer says whatever I'll end up paying money guilty or innocent.

Thanks for the explanation,  in my view (according to your explanation) you are completely without blame   I can only imagine that the police don't understand what really happened ...I assume there is no CCTV footage to back up your version of events.