3BB has let me down too many times. I'm in the brink of cancelling the plan and moving on, but what should I get?

FarangFB

First of all, I have an extensive good history with 3bb in the past. But in the recent times it has been a nightmare, all I get are promises and despite saying "today or tomorrow" it always takes them 5 days (if I keep pressure) to do anything. 

My brand new connection just stopped working less than a week after installation (which took 5 days itself because they wouldn't show up), and I'm pretty sure the technician that should come "today sure" will not come. If I call them they will say "tomorrow sure", and there it goes, 5 more days without internet. I'll be paying a full month but will be getting around 20 operating days.

If this guy doesn't show up today I'm going to the 3bb shop with my contract and router, and cancelling everything. But I don't want to change them for another company that does the same - do you guys have any suggestion? ToT? True?

5 minutes ago, Hereinthailand said:

Doesnt matter which providor you choose they are all hit and miss depending on many things. Best idea is to ask your neighbors what works good for them in your area. 

I'm not upset that the service is down, sh** happens and with the amount of cables on the street it's understandable.

What pisses me off is that they keep making promises to come fix it and don't show up several days in a row.

Just now, Hereinthailand said:

They all do that, its the way business is done here. If they dont have someone knowledgeable enough to fix it then just dont show up. No one complains its not in the culture.

It wasn't like that before. For years I had good service, the guys always showed up in the day they said they would.

Only in recent months it has been like this

I switched from True to AIS fiber and my service is better than what I had with True. I am in lower Sukhumvit area. 

Outside of Bangkok I think it really depends on your local area on which provider is better and so you are better asking people in your neighborhood.

A couple of years ago an industry professional told me the good thing about True is that they hire the best and brightest engineers in Thailand, the bad thing is they get them to spend all their time figuring out ways to screw the home users out of bandwidth in favor of their business and commercial users.

Yea....I'm happy with my AIS Fibre PowerHome 100/10 plan and was happy with my AIS Fibre 50/10 plan.    Have had AIS Fibre since 1 Jul 16....been working fine and fast.   I'm in western Bangkok.  And now that AIS is moving into some premium IPTV like picking up the HBO channels that True recently dropped, AIS is good from the internet standpoint and should be good from the TV standpoint.

Although most/all fiber ISP provider include free-to-air type IPTV channels (as does AIS), AIS also soon be providing "premium" TV channels like HBO channels and some other premium channels.   I think that will give AIS an important leg-up on other ISP providers.  I expect True is not happy about AIS picking up the HBO channels.

On 2/19/2017 at 0:12 PM, KittenKong said:

I have no real problems with 3BB. Mostly the connection works fine. When it doesnt I call them and they generally sort it out the next day. This only happens once or twice a year anyway.

Are those instances where they can reset things from the 3BB office, or are they instances where 3BB needs to send out a technician?

When I had TrueOnline, the rep on the phone could reset something (the signal to my modem ?) while I was on the phone with them to fix most problems.  I haven't had that experience with 3BB yet.  They send out a technician, and as the OP said, it can be a several-day wait.

5 hours ago, wpcoe said:

Are those instances where they can reset things from the 3BB office, or are they instances where 3BB needs to send out a technician?

When I had TrueOnline, the rep on the phone could reset something (the signal to my modem ?) while I was on the phone with them to fix most problems.  I haven't had that experience with 3BB yet.  They send out a technician, and as the OP said, it can be a several-day wait.

Once there was a problem at their end that was solved whilst I was on the phone by resetting it at their end. Once there was a general fault at the exchange which they fixed the same day. Once they actually needed to replace (switch?) my whole line to the exchange which they did in a day. Other times the fault has been nearby in the street or in the building, and they have generally responded the next day and always within two days. All in all I have no real complaints, and I have often read of people on here getting no service at all for days or weeks from some other providers.