hobz

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Inward opening doors give control of the door to the occupant, An Englishman's home is his castle. he decides who comes in, and when he goes out.

that depends on the size of your bathroom.

53 minutes ago, Naam said:
5 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Inward opening doors give control of the door to the occupant, An Englishman's home is his castle. he decides who comes in, and when he goes out.

that depends on the size of your bathroom.

Or whether you have armed guards standing outside the bathroom.

On 3/3/2017 at 4:11 PM, Celer et Audax said:

What makes a toilet handicapped? Does it have MS or perhaps Cerebal Palsy or even Downes Syndrome
I prefer the term Disabled which is now commonly used in the UK as the people that fall into this category are less able than the rest of us they most definitely are not handicapped
For the record my wife has cerebal palsy and she is not in anyway handicapped
Rant over!!!

Sorry for the delay in replying to your "Rant" but I have been on holiday.

The sign on the door makes it handicapped.

hand·i·capped
ˈhandēˌkapt/
adjective

1. offensive
    having a condition that markedly restricts one's ability to function physically, mentally, or socially.
    "a special school for handicapped children"
    synonyms: disabled, incapacitated, disadvantaged, crippled; More

• NORTH AMERICAN
      relating to or specifically designed for people with a physical or mental disability.
      "organizers have created handicapped access in the form of wheelchair ramps"

I didn't write the sign or make up the definition I merely commented that the handicapped toilets

i have seen had sliding doors, glad your wife is not handicapped, but not sure if she is glad she

has you as a husband good luck?

11 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

What makes a toilet handicapped?

when the door opens to the inside, is blocked by the toilet bowl and there is not space enough for the person in dire need to pass and take care of the needs. :crazy:

3 minutes ago, Naam said:

when the door opens to the inside, is blocked by the toilet bowl and there is not space enough for the person in dire need to pass and take care of the needs. :crazy:

It is not a problem Naam but it was not me who asked that question, it was the guy who objected to the term "handicapped"

being used.

2 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

It is not a problem Naam but it was not me who asked that question, it was the guy who objected to the term "handicapped"

being used.

i have to admit that seeing for the first time a sign "handicapped" toilet seemed odd to me. but obviously this expression is used and one gets used to it.

handicapped-toilets-400x403.jpg

On 3/4/2017 at 6:04 AM, tgeezer said:

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

It's the opposite actually.

An inwardly opening door gives easier access to emergency services entering from outside by breaking down the door. If it was outwardly opening the frame would act as a stronger brace to the door and make it hard to break down.

On 3/3/2017 at 4:11 PM, Celer et Audax said:

What makes a toilet handicapped? Does it have MS or perhaps Cerebal Palsy or even Downes Syndrome
I prefer the term Disabled which is now commonly used in the UK as the people that fall into this category are less able than the rest of us they most definitely are not handicapped
For the record my wife has cerebal palsy and she is not in anyway handicapped
Rant over!!!

In the USA they are referred to as Handicap Parking Spaces or toilets.  "Rant over"  Thanks, there is a God.

It's the opposite actually.

An inwardly opening door gives easier access to emergency services entering from outside by breaking down the door. If it was outwardly opening the frame would act as a stronger brace to the door and make it hard to break down.

Two sides of the same coin, when the house is on fire it's nice to know that the door has nothing preventing it opening. Same applies to opening the door to somebody, knocking them off the front step with the door isn't polite.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Why are ALL lights in my new house connected the wrong way?? They are constant under current while in the west the current goes through the switch....not the null-wire like in Thailand. And my house is built 5 years ago by a huge developer.

The Thai just do something and if no good they say mai pen lai.

The electric should be cut at the switch here also - perhaps someone switched wires in main panel (or indeed never checked).  Old florescent lamps (much used here) take on a life of there own if switch does not kill power and it becomes quite obvious something is wrong.

5 hours ago, tgeezer said:

Two sides of the same coin, when the house is on fire it's nice to know that the door has nothing preventing it opening. Same applies to opening the door to somebody, knocking them off the front step with the door isn't polite.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Presumably you know how your own door opens and don't block it to prevent it opening inwards in case there's a fire?? Especially if it would block entry to the fire services??

On 3/7/2017 at 5:53 PM, fruitman said:

Why are ALL lights in my new house connected the wrong way?? They are constant under current while in the west the current goes through the switch....not the null-wire like in Thailand. And my house is built 5 years ago by a huge developer.

And why are the water taps connected up the wrong way too?

14 hours ago, JayBeeee said:

I suspect this question is an exercise in seeing how many people will seriously answer a dumb question!

Hey, judging by the nr of replies and nr of discussions that can be found through google I think it's a pretty good question. Or... Maybe there's just tons of dumb people like myself everywhere... Oh no, now i replied to a trollolol

On 3/8/2017 at 8:38 AM, opalred said:

if your are in a rush with Delhi belly 

do you want a door in or out ?

I want out, because if its a small toilet i need to squeeze myself in when the door opens inwards

On 3/7/2017 at 5:53 PM, fruitman said:

There are also countries in the West who do it that way, you can't get a big shock off it anyway.

16 hours ago, phuketjock said:

I would be interested to know how a single cold water tap could be connected

up the wrong way?

99.9% of Thai households only have cold water taps.

Mines a hot tap in the day but a cold tap at night, pretty clever really.