Unusual return process on retirement extension

I am on a OA visa with reirement extension for several years past, USA citizen, and I have a regularly used landlord/address in Khon Kaen.  I will return later this year from extended absense (yes, I have re-entry permit) but instead of going direct to KK I plan to spend about a month in Cha Am using hotel accomodations.  I will  apply for extension about 30-50 days following re-entry in KK.  Am I on a correct track to: 1. use my "traveling address" on my re-entry card and then continuing with routine ext application process   or  2. using my "permanent address in KK" on the re-entry card, continuing on the short term coastal vacation mode (where they will report me as occupant in hotel)  and then on to the re-entry process. 

I am 'all legal first' and Thai wife will accompany me throughout all travels US and Thai.  BTW I spend 6-8 months in Th some years and more in the USA others. So if there is a better track please advise. 

Ubon Joe, if avail.

Edited by MiclB

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It will really not matter which address you put on the TM6 card. Putting your permanent address on it for KK would be fine and possibley best.

Since KK immigration is a friendly one I don't think they will bother checking to see if your were reported by a hotel.

Hello Joe, I heard that Immigration just scan the TM6 card number on arrival ; and I never saw an officer entering the information address. They do not have the time or the staff to do this,   I guess that they keep the arrival  card for a while before destroying them.  Do you know about that ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cnx355 said:

Hello Joe, I heard that Immigration just scan the TM6 card number on arrival ; and I never saw an officer entering the information address. They do not have the time or the staff to do this,   I guess that they keep the arrival  card for a while before destroying them.  Do you know about that ?

I can assure you your details are recorded.

If you ever lost your TM6, Immigration can check records and issue another TM6 (form)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cnx355 said:

You are absolutely correct about what the IO does on arrival, also that the you have never seen an IO entering the information from the TM6.

But that information is entered later in the day or week possibly by people who are more expert in data entry and faster than the IO's and yes they have the staff and make the time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BarnicaleBob said:

Don't forget to have your landlord file a TM-30 when you return home to KK.   Being that you have been out of the country, it is required.

Is this what you have been specifically told by KK? The reason I ask is that not all immigration offices require this - mine (Maptaput) certainly doesn't, I have it on good authority (i.e. a fellow TV member who asked them), for instance.

All,  Thanks to UBJ and all other respondees; info/comments are helpful.  And, yes kudos to KK IMO, a very prof and efficient IMO.

Not to disagree with BarnicaleBob but I have returned several years after multi months absence and never "checked in" with them upon return.  If my memory serves correct when I processed in thru BKK last time they stamped 'my next 90day report  date' was due in 90 days from entry date.  We all know that each IMO can adjust the rules but who knows...maybe because my old residence in the system was the same as the one on my new arrival card.