Video: Social media hunt on for Benz driver that fled the scene!

webfact

Video: Social media hunt on for Benz driver that fled the scene!

2pm.jpg

Picture: Thairath

CHONBURI: -- A hunt is on via social media for a Mercedes Benz driver who fled the scene of an accident that seriously hurt a 78 year old man.

The accident was caught on a dash cam and posted to Facebook and showed the Benz and a motorcycle on a narrow road in Sri Racha, Chonburi, reported Thairath.

The black car overtakes the motorcycle without giving sufficient room and there is a collision. The woman on the front suffered only minor injuries but her husband received many facial cuts and lacerations.

The son of the victim Suwicha Janplang said that his father Sukit and mother were travelling along the Sri Racha to Nong Yai Bu road on Tuesday.

He said he reported the incident to police but the number plate was registered to a grey Benz that was not involved.

He said that a motorcycle taxi rider failed to catch up with the black car that was involved.

Suwicha said that the motorbike had no Por Ror Bor insurance so they were faced with all the hospital bills themselves. They had no money for repairs either.

He asked the online community for help in tracking down the driver of the black car.

His father is now out of hospital.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-02-20

One more prime example of the murderous drivers of Thailand.

Shame on you cowardly drivers.

Makes the police and Government look fantastic.

well done boys, this is your doing,  uncaring people in positions of authority

you have the power to start change, but you all do nothing. :bah:

Edited by onemorechang

6 minutes ago, Searat7 said:

And the motorcycle taxi driver just drove around them....he could have at least stopped to lift the motorcycle off the driver and then called for ambulance.

If im not mistaken, the son of the victims indicated that the moto taxi driver gave chase but failed to catch up with the Benz. Im assuming he made this statement as likely the taxi driver returned to the scene and gave a statement. 

Last night a motorcycle with a lady and her young daughter swerved to avoid a drain plate. They swerved right into the side of my truck, being driven properly in the next lane. I made the mistake of stopping!!! She had no insurance and her ex-husband wanted my insurance to pay for her hospital even though there was no fault on my part... a waste of 2 plus hours..... So I have a little sympathy for the Merc driver as the motorcycle seems to swerve a little into his rear.....

4 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Another rich kid with the "You know I'm driving Mercedes" attitude....

Not that rich because it is a fairly old model Benz that the hi-so kids would not be seen dead in.  

Note that the victim's helmet immediately rolls off his head, indicating that he didn't bother to buckle it up. That is definitely Thainness and suggests to me that he shouldn't be entitled to any compensation, since he didn't care much about his own safety.

Also note the motor cycle taxi driver who just rode around the man sprawled on the road without bothering to even ask if he was OK.  Is that Thainness?

It does look as if the bike swerved into the Benz as it passed but it also looks rather like the Benz driver overtook him a bit too close because there was another motor bike coming in the other direction and he couldn't be bothered to let it pass first, so that he could be sure of overtaking safely.  More Thainness?

Edited by Dogmatix

38 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

Last night a motorcycle with a lady and her young daughter swerved to avoid a drain plate. They swerved right into the side of my truck, being driven properly in the next lane. I made the mistake of stopping!!! She had no insurance and her ex-husband wanted my insurance to pay for her hospital even though there was no fault on my part... a waste of 2 plus hours..... So I have a little sympathy for the Merc driver as the motorcycle seems to swerve a little into his rear.....

Swerve a little into his rear? The passing Merc was so close it would scare the shit out of anyone. Too bad there wasn't a dash cam recording showing your incident. 

45 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

You should know that driving in Thailand people always claim damages even though guilty. 

This does not justify to leave victims behind. As a foreigner you should know better, unless you come from one of those a-social European countries or a Merc owner...?

49 minutes ago, wirat69 said:

I had a similar incident overtaking an older gentleman on a motor bike in the countryside outside Pattaya.  I was also driving an old model Benz.  There was nothing coming the other way and I overtook the bike with a 6 foot margin of safety as I think I learned studying for my driving test decades ago.  Unfortunately he decided to swerve to turn right into a farm track without looking and he obviously was too hard of hearing to hear a car coming up behind him.  The result was I saw an old gentleman sprawled in the road in my rear view mirror similar to the video.  Unlike the video I went back to see if he was OK.  Fortunately he was just a bit scraped and shaken up but within seconds I was surrounded by angry  villagers holding machetes demanding vast sums of cash for the man's hospital bills and repairs to the bike that had a small scratch on one wing mirror.  I spent about half an hour there negotiating it down to B2,000 which was already a lot for something that was not all my fault and did not require any hospital treatment for the man or repairs to the bike.  I paid it just to get the hell out of there and resume my journey.  It would have been better to have just driven off.  There was no one behind me with a dash cam.  But I would always have felt bad not knowing whether the old boy was OK or not and maybe needed a ride to hospital.

These kind of people always wanting to monetise everything to their advantage effectively encourage drivers to flee the scene.

Edited by Dogmatix

4 hours ago, The Old Bull said:

It truly reflects on the ineptitude of the police when people have to hunt down bad guys themselves. I guess the BIB are afraid to confront anyone that drives a big Benz.

What it really shows is that in addition to the police investigation to find the culprit, social media is assisting.  Your guess about non-confrontation with Merc drivers is just plain wrong.. And the car involved wasn't "a big Benz", as though the size would make any difference.

2 hours ago, Searat7 said:

And the motorcycle taxi driver just drove around them....he could have at least stopped to lift the motorcycle off the driver and then called for ambulance.

He was going after the hit and run driver, there were others there within 40 seconds to help the victims and call for assistance.

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

Also note the motor cycle taxi driver who just rode around the man sprawled on the road without bothering to even ask if he was OK.  Is that Thainness?

Yes, you could say it was "Thainess", he was chasing after the Merc in order to help out the victims.

9 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Maybe he is just like me and didn't feel that he hit something ? Anyway nobody will be able to tell the contrary, so he is fine with his insurance !

16 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I had a similar incident overtaking an older gentleman on a motor bike in the countryside outside Pattaya.  I was also driving an old model Benz.  There was nothing coming the other way and I overtook the bike with a 6 foot margin of safety as I think I learned studying for my driving test decades ago.  Unfortunately he decided to swerve to turn right into a farm track without looking and he obviously was too hard of hearing to hear a car coming up behind him.  The result was I saw an old gentleman sprawled in the road in my rear view mirror similar to the video.  Unlike the video I went back to see if he was OK.  Fortunately he was just a bit scraped and shaken up but within seconds I was surrounded by angry  villagers holding machetes demanding vast sums of cash for the man's hospital bills and repairs to the bike that had a small scratch on one wing mirror.  I spent about half an hour there negotiating it down to B2,000 which was already a lot for something that was not all my fault and did not require any hospital treatment for the man or repairs to the bike.  I paid it just to get the hell out of there and resume my journey.  It would have been better to have just driven off.  There was no one behind me with a dash cam.  But I would always have felt bad not knowing whether the old boy was OK or not and maybe needed a ride to hospital.

These kind of people always wanting to monetise everything to their advantage effectively encourage drivers to flee the scene.

I totally understand you, but you should also know that nobody who knows how to drive, even after learning decades ago, would overtake a bike when there is a street or home entrance on the right. Bike drivers are stupid, especially kids and oldies, but as educated smart drivers from the west, we should be better than them and avoid this situation. But maybe you never drove a bike and don't know about the usual stupidity of these drivers ?

8 hours ago, abab said:

I totally understand you, but you should also know that nobody who knows how to drive, even after learning decades ago, would overtake a bike when there is a street or home entrance on the right. Bike drivers are stupid, especially kids and oldies, but as educated smart drivers from the west, we should be better than them and avoid this situation. But maybe you never drove a bike and don't know about the usual stupidity of these drivers ?

LOL

Hope you aren't serious.

How are you supposed to drive in a country with millions of motorbikes and never overtake a motorbike when there is an entrance to a street or home on the right?

You do know that within city limits there are entrances to homes and streets about every 5 to 10 meters.

Guess you just never pass a motorbike while driving in Thailand.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes.

16 hours ago, gdgbb said:
21 hours ago, MaxLee said:

You know who was driving, then?

Yes Max he is related to trogers---- in fact they are in the same Seance group which meet ever month to share out their Lotto winnings..........:coffee1:

20 hours ago, trogers said:

I think it is a car delivering drugs rather than another rich kid. Would explain the fake license plates.

17 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

I don't worry too much about the ones demanding money.  I do worry about the ones demanding a pound of flesh.  With machetes and a mob to make good on their demand.

Again, another fine example of Thailand's stupidity of riding a scooter... Notice how it appears that only one occupant of the scooter was wearing a helmet and even then it appears it wasn't strapped on as it went flying off upon impact.....  Wearing cheap a$$ helmets are one thing but to not fasten the strap is just plain stupid.

I'm happy to see that there wasn't an infant squashed between the two on the scooter......