Best way getting from Nonthaburi city to Suvarnabhumi Airport daily for work ?

oldcarguy

Hi , 

is there a smarter / faster way to get from Nonthaburi city to Suvarnabhumi Airport  without going into Bangkok city ?

and then back to Nonthaburi , 

Maybe a minivan or a company van ,  or maybe a bus that does not gave 50 stops !

is there a minivan depot at Suvarnabhumi Airport ?

Or is there a ride share app / website that matches people going the same direction ?

Thanks for your ideas

Or if there is a better way to go thru BKK city that  is not known......

Edited by oldcarguy

Yes, You do not need to go into the city,  You can drive along Kanchanaphisek road, go past the Erawan statue, then after a while turn onto the highway for the airport. There is also a new highway from Kancahanaphisek that joins to the highway going through Bangkok.

Both ways take just over an hour in good traffic conditions, but if you are going in the rush hour easily 2 hours. Personally I would consider moving closer to work, because that is one very long daily commute there and back.

Thanks for your ideas , 

I know its a long way everyday but its a new job so  too early to move closer , 

Purple line - then the gap- then  bang sue MRT or get to MoChit BTS , then Airport link  seems to be the way on public transport ,

taking a taxi  everyday will be too expensive , 

Does anyone know if there are Minibuses from Nonthaburi City , MoChit or anywhere that side of town to Swampy ?

or  Don Mueang  to Swampy  by bus - minibus

Thanks again

Another option:

1) Get on the Chao Phraya Boat from the Nonthaburi Pier to Thewet

2) Take a motor bike to the Klong San Saeb boat stop near Democracy Monument i.e. Panfa Leelard

3) Ride the Klong boat till the Pratunam stop

4) Hope on the BTS at Chitlom station & get to Phya Thai

5) Airport rail link to Suvarnabhumi

Purple rail line is probably the best option though.

29 minutes ago, varun said:

Another option:

1) Get on the Chao Phraya Boat from the Nonthaburi Pier to Thewet

2) Take a motor bike to the Klong San Saeb boat stop near Democracy Monument i.e. Panfa Leelard

3) Ride the Klong boat till the Pratunam stop

4) Hope on the BTS at Chitlom station & get to Phya Thai

5) Airport rail link to Suvarnabhumi

Purple rail line is probably the best option though.

Why not change the boat at Pratunam and ride the next channel boat to Asok/Petchaburi pier and walk to Airport link Makkasan station (maybe 400 meters)?

Otherwise I would go with the MRT suggestion.

Edited by laurijh

Unless you are working inside the airport complex, you also need to plan how to get from the airport to your place of work.

By the way, there is a minivan / bus terminal at the airport, but it is quite some distance from the terminal and you need to take a shuttle bus.

2 hours ago, deonvz said:

There is a shuttle bus that goes between the 2 airports.

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/en/122-transfer-bus-between-suvarnabhumi-don-muaeng

Yes there is a  bus , but I believe it is only for those that are flying into one airport  and flying out of the other airport

it is not for workers going between the 2 airports

Everything depends how much you want to pay and what time of day. I used to do this journey in the rush hour, every day before the Airport Link, BTS, Purple and Blue Line were built. I used the old conventional SRT railway from Ladkrabang (cost 5Baht) to Phayathai halt and walked up the road to Victory monument where I caught a passenger van to Nonthaburi (around B15). These vans are now located at Morchit Bus Terminal, and go up the motorway to Nonthaburi. If I was doing it now I would use the Purple Line then Blue line and Citi Link (Airport express trains still not running). The motorways at rush hour are just like one big car park.

11 minutes ago, oldcarguy said:

Yes there is a  bus , but I believe it is only for those that are flying into one airport  and flying out of the other airport

it is not for workers going between the 2 airports

The shuttle bus is for anyone

re Bus Swampy-DMK: there are 2-the white AOT is certainly for airline pax only, the commercial vans route 555 for anyone-and also big BMTA bus, infrequent.

Yes, Swampy does have a van-''station'' in fact the old BUSterminal, some distance away from the airterminal-again free AOT shuttle buses-also some internal workers lines that serve most places for airport workers (catering, maintence, offices etc). The regular VAN lines simply replace the old BUS lines that started when Swampy opened, all numbered in the 55x series and can be found on bmta.co.th. There has never been one to NTB. 555 usually runs reasonably fast via exway-RamIX-Vipavadee-Central Lard Prao and then along Vipavadee again-which is fairly close by to vans for NTB. But it wont save much time-if at all, compared the the rail options, these are also much more relaible in time. Again-depending on where you live in NTB-the 178 ring route bus from OTMK/Ram IX-near Fortune town, might work-or the MRT.

There are still VANs to NTB from OLD Mochit/BTS-the replaced vans are BoKoSo and NOT inner city KoSoMoKo (=BMTA)-again someone got it wrong above.

Also: it wont take long now before the missing link TP-BS will be opened, and in the peaks-ONLY-there are also free SRT shuttle trains bang Son-Bang Sue-and all day free orange AC shuttle buses. Really no need for taxi.

The simple and best key for all this: read Thai and open eyes for signs.

ONce agaiN: some more clue about your living place would nhave been more helpful

Those suggesting boats are completely mad and only do the tipical touristy trips

On 2/22/2017 at 10:26 AM, Estrada said:

The shuttle bus is for anyone

The AOT shuttle bus is only for people possessing an outbound booking/ticket from the other airport......some proof is usually required to board. (which doesn't exclude 'fake' bookings...)

On 2/21/2017 at 11:07 PM, oldcarguy said:

Thanks for your ideas , 

I know its a long way everyday but its a new job so  too early to move closer , 

Purple line - then the gap- then  bang sue MRT or get to MoChit BTS , then Airport link  seems to be the way on public transport ,

taking a taxi  everyday will be too expensive , 

Does anyone know if there are Minibuses from Nonthaburi City , MoChit or anywhere that side of town to Swampy ?

or  Don Mueang  to Swampy  by bus - minibus

Thanks again

Khun Asanee offers 2 good points. 

1) Where in Nonthaburi do you reside as it makes huge difference exactly where you are?

2) If you can get to Vihavadi rd relatively easy the 554 (which turns east at Cheang Wattana and along Ram Inthra) or better yet, 555, buses and vans might be your best option. The 555 will be a little quicker generally.

3) There are plenty of vans which run to Victory along the expressway either from Rattana tibet/ Nam Wong Wan rds or Pak Kret/Chaeng Wattana rd. Then BTS 1 station to the ARL or a quick motorbike.

13 hours ago, oldcarguy said:

sorry for the delay , just noticed the question.....

The Mall Ngamwongwan department store  would be close

Then, I would suggest 2 options;

a) Van from outside The Mall which goes to Victory along the expressway (The 522 BMA bus also does this but loops around along Rama 6 first so its less direct). Then BTS or motorbike to Phaya Thai and take the ARL.

b ) Van or bus to Vihavadi rd then take the 555 van or bus (15 min frequency) to swampy. Keep in mind that you have to cross to the other side of Vihavadi. The later will drop you at the Transport Center 2 kms away (then shuttle bus it) though sometimes they do drop direct at the Terminal.

Option will be easier but it is also good to have a Plan B (and C).