Beer Lao Is Here!

The Dan Sai Kid

Import tariffs added to the price, or some other extra fee. Just a guess though, could be wrong.

My other guess is that they consciously place themselves at a higher price level to appear more sophisticated.

They may want to try to play in the same division as Asahi, Heineken, etc. The only trouble is, Thais are unlikely to see a Lao product as 'inter' and 'hi so', so they'll have to rely on the tourists to boost their image. So far it looks like word of mouth among people who have visited Lao works fine as promotion.

Beer Lao has been available in BKK for quite a while. Food Court is one of the chains carrying it and I've seen it at the Nana Bear Bar no more expensive than Heineken. I think since it's new to CNX that there may be some greedy entrepreneurs looking to get their investment back in a hurry.

Agreed Beer Lao is an amazingly good beer, and in the not too distant future it should be readily available.

Not exactly sure when - 2007 or 2008? - but I think there's a part of the Asean Free Trade agreeement with liquor included that is should be coming into force & so you might be able to get Beer Lao real easy.

Carlsberg now have a 25% share in Beer Lao, market Carlsberg in Laos, & I am sure they are getting ready to strike back against Beer Chang in Thailand after being well & truly screwed by Thai Beverages Co (Beer Chang) in their short lived partnership.

Now according to the Beer Lao website

http://www.beer-lao.com/distributions.php

there is an official Thai agent

NKT Import - Export Co.,Ltd

300/2 Moo 10,Mittaphap Rd.

Nongkhai 43000

Tel : (6642) 413 231

Fax : (6642)413 298

I was in Samui (lamai) recently when a guy passed selling Beer Lao apparently he owned a bar in Nana and had now started to sell/ditribute Beer Lao in Samui. The bar that I was at sold it at the same price as a Hein... they bought it at 40THB per bottle sold at 70THB.

Sinkorswim - will you friend sell to the public by the case?

I was in Samui (lamai) recently when a guy passed selling Beer Lao apparently he owned a bar in Nana and had now started to sell/ditribute Beer Lao in Samui. The bar that I was at sold it at the same price as a Hein... they bought it at 40THB per bottle sold at 70THB.

Sinkorswim - will you friend sell to the public by the case?

they sell them in the bottle shops on Loi Kroh road soi 1 across from charlies fish and chips and several other places, I think there is a bottle shop near to chiang mai gate that stocks it.

I am sure they will sell you a case if you go in and ask. Not sure of the prices.

Here is the email address if you want more details as I dont really know too much about it. <email removed>

Edited by Totster
Removed email

My girlfriend works for the company that imports Beerlao. The reason the price is so high is because it is in fact imported from Laos, not made here like Heineken or Tiger. Thailand adds a 300% import tax on the beer!! Think they have something against it? There are a few bottle shops and bars carrying it but because of the genius idea to put a prohibition on alcohol advertising it is hard to get the word out. So you just have to ask your bar if they have it yet. As far as the price goes the bottle shops sell it for 890 baht per case. I’m sure if you want a case they would be happy to sell it to you. If anyone wants more info just send me a message.

My girlfriend works for the company that imports Beerlao. The reason the price is so high is because it is in fact imported from Laos, not made here like Heineken or Tiger. Thailand adds a 300% import tax on the beer!! Think they have something against it? There are a few bottle shops and bars carrying it but because of the genius idea to put a prohibition on alcohol advertising it is hard to get the word out. So you just have to ask your bar if they have it yet. As far as the price goes the bottle shops sell it for 890 baht per case. I’m sure if you want a case they would be happy to sell it to you. If anyone wants more info just send me a message.

If it is all legit & you're not after a commission, why not just post the details -i.e name of the company & contact details - instead of playing "hide & seek?"

No offence bryung, but some of you guys never to ceaze to amaze me "I know who it is, but cant say here, just PM & I'll let you in on the secret."

I never quite understand - do people post like this because they are trying to do themselves a favour or the general board members a favour??