Lorry and Chinese Tourist Car Involved in Head on Collision in Chiang Mai

webfact

Lorry and Chinese Tourist Car Involved in Head on Collision

by CityNews

chinese-crash-1600x900.jpg

CityNews – A lorry and a car from China were involved in a head on collision yesterday afternoon, February 21, on the Chiang Mai – Hang Dong Road.

Nobody was killed in the incident, but the driver of the car, a Chinese male was severely injured and a woman in the car was also injured. The lorry driver, Yongyut Kanthanin, suffered minor injuries. The names of the Chinese tourists are yet unknown.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/lorry-and-chinese-tourist-car-involved-in-head-on-collision/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-02-23

4 hours ago, trogers said:

A car from China? From the photo, the front passenger should be the one with serious injuries, and not the driver.

nobody knows what the driver did on the passenger seat (lady?) at the time of impact

1 minute ago, thurien said:

nobody knows what the driver did on the passenger seat (lady?) at the time of impact

A car from China would mean the driver was seated on the right side of that photo of the car...

The passenger side looks almost demolished. Small wonder as that car tailing another would need to cross over the dividing line by half a car's width for the driver to see if it's clear to overtake.

9 hours ago, daoyai said:

I thought cars from china were no longer allowed in CM.

They're not and they're only allowed as far as the province they enter, in this case it's usually Chiang Rai.

That said while they completely disappeared after the initial change of rules (they use to be everywhere particularly around CNY...never forget the day I saw 3 drive the wrong way down Thaepae Gate Road) I've noticed a few more around CM lately, clearly the rule isn't being enforced.

On 24/02/2017 at 2:26 PM, IMA_FARANG said:

I once heard a report on the BBC saying an Articulated Lorry had collided with a Goods Van and  a Caravan at a Layby on a highway in the UK.

Can some one translate that into English for this poor dumb  Yank.

Actually just a joke. for you Brits.

Ha ha, yes English is a difficult language for Yanks.