Gems. Stones

tigerbeer

phew!. i still dont know where to get em gems... :D .. but thats ok. i think my wife has taken my sis gem shopping somewhere along changpuek area. seems to be popular among the locals.

just hope this thread doesnt become another o'malley's or huew keaw condo kinda thing. :o

I guess you still haven't found a comfortable mattress and the stress level is building.

I don't think he is the only one with rising stress levels - I get then reading these posts :o

Please read my posts and you can see that my stress levels are not rising one bit. :D

Ajarn - I'm really interested to know which firm did the setting (" ïmplanting") of your 4 matched pearls that were switched on you.

Was it the same firm that supplied them ? Did they send them out for setting ?

I guess you still haven't found a comfortable mattress and the stress level is building.

I don't think he is the only one with rising stress levels - I get then reading these posts :o

Please read my posts and you can see that my stress levels are not rising one bit. :D

Ajarn - I'm really interested to know which firm did the setting (" ïmplanting") of your 4 matched pearls that were switched on you.

Was it the same firm that supplied them ? Did they send them out for setting ?

The implanting was done by Nassar's shop...

Well , i deal in gems also , as well as some other jewllery design .

let me know what you needs . and the size .. would be happy to give you more info about it ..

- i have cutter and i run burma and the border offen . good luck .

pm me if you are interested

I twice dealed with Nassar and he screwed me once and tried a second time. He did mix Si1 and Si2 Diamonds in a lot and tried to sell' them as Si1. In fact I got suspicious, but he said he separate one quality in two different zip bags and now put them together again. Later my goldsmith found that I picked about 2/3 of Si1 and 1/3 of Si2 of the lot. The diamonds were small between 0.03 and 0.04 kt :o

I caled him to ask him why he was lying, even after I wanted to know why he did mix 2 different bags in one lot. He didn't answer but wanted me to come to his shop, bring back the stones and get refund.

He used to have his castings and goldsmith work done not far from his place. A small shop located in the next soi, hold by Mae Sai people. But that was years ago. They didn't come along as he did bargaining and bargaining the labour prices like Wall Mart and still wasn't satisfied. This small shop does quite good work at reasonable prices but the gems they sell are a little expensive.

I hereby confirm that in my opinion and regarding my "learning experience", Nassar is a good sales man, talented narrator and anyway good at rhetorics, but in fact a ordinary liar and betrayer. Don't buy at Nassar's shop anyway!

Don't buy any gems or diamonds if you don't know the business - there is no advice, nor address of a shop, dealer or any other hint to give to a layman.

Edited by Abrasol

• 1 year later...
sis is down and wants to get some good gems, stones. seen a lot around, night bazaar and everywhere in chiang mai. problem is that, i don;t know of any places i can trust. cheap and most importantly genuine. any suggestions please? names of places and contacts would be very much appreciated.

I've found Nassar of 'Sharez Jewelers' on Thapae Road to be one of the most honest gem dealers I've ever encountered. His stones are good quality, and his prices hard to beat unless you're a gem dealer yourself. I've bought a lot of loose stones from him over the past few years, as well as having stones set. All have been at a fraction of their appraised value in the US.

The Fly Fisherman

Nassar from 'Sharez Jewelers' has a many-year reputation as a thief. Personally, he switched a few pearls which I choose to make a couple of earrings. I would be VERY carefull if I was dealing with him.

My apologies, I didn't realize that this topic was a couple of years old, and that I had replied earlier

Edited by Ajarn