Here you can have cheap rent, why pay more?

swissmaninthailand

My wife is an agent ,this place is amazing,you can shower,cook and go to the loo all at the same time ,while listening to music from next door on one side,and the tv from the other,and some of the neighbours are really helpful ,they will have opened your door and cleaned your room out and all for only 4k a month ,wow. Who wouldn't want to live there and also for 3 days at the weekend you have the market under your window, and then you can walk to Tesco. after someone has nicked your motor bike , and to think people pay up to 20k a month to live in a one bed appt like say ,the base.

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

Its all about budget , if you live alone or with someone.   It's good to know that Pattaya offer everything . I have seen rooms down to 2500 baht . Very basic, old building and only Thais in it.  This one in Thepprasit is not too bad so with a limited budget I would choose it myself.  

These old building have thick wall and you can not hear the neighbour TV. Many farangs live like this, and with the money saved they can have a better life. If you need something like a bigTV, you have saved enough to buy yourself a TV every month. Like this one

Pay 20k bahts for a condo or 4 millions in the base central Pattaya for 36 sqm is a waste of money . I prefer pay 3k or 5k a month and keep my money and have the choice to go away when problems arise.

5 hours ago, swissmaninthailand said:

Pay 20k bahts for a condo or 4 millions in the base central Pattaya for 36 sqm is a waste of money . I prefer pay 3k or 5k a month and keep my money and have the choice to go away when problems arise.

What sort of problems? Bargirls knocking on your door unannounced and no security to screen visitors? Or VISA issues? Or what? Thanks and cheers mate. 

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, simon43 said:

When I was working in Jomtien for 1 year, about 8 years ago, I stayed in those types of rented rooms.  I recall that I paid no more than 4,000 baht per month for a room with basic furnishings, TV with foreign channels, air-con, free wi-fi etc.

The price is low because the room is basic, and it is only 1 small room.  I think you'd go a bit stir crazy living in that small space for a long time, (although many Thais seem to manage OK)

Obviously you were on a english teaches pay.

On 27/02/2017 at 10:45 AM, swissmaninthailand said:

These old building have thick wall and you can not hear the neighbour TV. Many farangs live like this, and with the money saved they can have a better life. If you need something like a bigTV, you have saved enough to buy yourself a TV every month. Like this one

This might come as a surprise to you but a lot of us that pay 20k for a condo still have the choice to go away when problems arise. You might call it a waste of money but I call it money well spent. Nothing wrong in not being able to afford anything better than a 5k condo but I'm pretty sure 90% would trade up if they had the means.

• 11 months later...