1 year extension because one parent is Thai ?

He can get a one year extension for being a Thai national.

He would need proof his mother is Thai. His birth certificate, his mothers ID card and house book registry would suffice.

Form the police order for extensions.

2.23 In the case of a person who used to have Thai nationality or whose parent is or was of Thai nationality visiting relatives or returning to his or her original homeland:
Each permission shall be granted for no more than one year.
(1) Must have evidence that the applicant used to have Thai nationality or that his her parent is or was of Thai nationality

14 minutes ago, bangkoklasse said:

Because he is not a Thai national

He is a Thai national from birth.

Edit: I assume he was born in Switzerland and his parents didn't register his birth at the Thai embassy there to get him a Thai birth certificate. It can still be done now so he could get a Thai ID card, house book registry and passport.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bangkoklasse said:

Can he apply for a 1 years extension because of that? Like a family extension? Or is there an age limit of 20 year? He is above 20.

If applying as a Swede he must be under 21. If applying as a Thai there is no age limit.

A stupid rule as he has every right to stay in the country without this permission!

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

A stupid rule as he has every right to stay in the country without this permission!

I am not sure any country allows a person with nationality of that country by birth that would allow them to stay without proof of their nationality.

He apparently is lacking a Thai birth certificate that is the proof he would need to get a Thai passport. Many countries have that same requirement.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I am not sure any country allows a person with nationality of that country by birth that would allow them to stay without proof of their nationality.

He apparently is lacking a Thai birth certificate that is the proof he would need to get a Thai passport. Many countries have that same requirement.

I agree, but that's not the point of the stupidity.

Immigration will only give someone, that can prove their citizenship, a 1 year permit to stay when they have the legal right stay as long as they want without permission. What immigration should do is give indefinite leave to stay, not 1 year.