Illness prevents attendance at immigration

With a certificate from a doctor stating you cannot travel to immigration to do it you can authorize somebody to do it for you.

If not you will be on overstay after your permit to stay ends and nothing can be done to end the overstay other than paying the fine on departure from the country or applying for an extension if you qualify for one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ianh68 said:

To ubonjoe, does the authorisation have to be notarised or can my friend just write and sign a note to say his wife is reporting for him?

They can write and sign a note. No need for a notary but having a witnesses signature on it would be advisable.

Since his wife would be doing a note might not even be needed.

25 minutes ago, tutsiwarrior said:

what about a 90 day report? I was gonna present meself as a dishevelled pathetic figure with a walker and a broken leg but prefer to send my step daughter with my passport and whatever supporting docs...are the requirements for a proxy consistent at all immigration offices?

You can appoint anybody to do your 90 day report. There might be some rogue offices that would not allow it.

My wife has done more 90 day reports for me than I have done myself.

It is even on the immigration website here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can appoint anybody to do your 90 day report. There might be some rogue offices that would not allow it.

My wife has done more 90 day reports for me than I have done myself.

It is even on the immigration website here. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

my maid has done my 90 day for the last two years. no problem.

8 minutes ago, ianh68 said:

Also can you do 90 Day online now? Has anybody tried this?

Immigration's extranet has been down since December. Until they bring it up again 90 day reporting online is not possible.

See the last few pages of the pinned topic for online reporting for more info.