Pattaya "sex industry" inspections continue and will go on

webfact

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

"all this was done for the good name of Pattaya and to protect tourists visiting the area"

What exactly was the good name?  These numnuts need to get out more and hear what Pattaya is called. Arresting a few African prostitutes and arresting tourists for sleeping with Thai prostitutes isn't going to change anything.  

Methinks that the fuzz is learning how to use Facebook as well. 

5 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

This time the authorities concentrated on beer bars in Soi 6.They also checked upstairs to ensure that no short time rooms were being operated.

So what happened to all the short-time rooms above every bar on soi 6? Surely, that's what soi 6 is all about.

Really unbelievable B/S coming from the law non-enforcers just to save face and protect Pattaya from more accusations of sex  offered everywhere in this street and most others in the 'entertainments' areas.  

Waste of time should have bought a round for the house 

4 hours ago, fruitman said:

Strange cause i've seen many bars full of girls in manila, just like in pattaya. Also there were loads of them on the streets/hotels...

Me too, a regular visitor as my company has an office there.  Burgis  still has  a thriving sex industry.

2 hours ago, reenatinnakor said:

Can't believe the Daily Mirror article has made it onto Channel 3 news here! Fake news is definitely a problem.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

The article is mostly the standard sort of drivel that could have been been put out any time in the past few decades, the tabloid no doubt had it on file for ages just waiting for a newsworthy incident to make the story current. This was graciously provided in the great Valentine's day short time room bust and subsequent widespread uploading of it all over the Internet. Why on earth do they think it makes them look good doing this, as opposed to just enforcing the law quietly? The geniuses in charge here have no one to blame but themselves for the problem they've whipped up. 

I can't see a problem here employers just give those hard working ladies of the night a month off with pay and off they go home, it will be nice and peaceful in pat and everyone will say job done we told you we could do it.

hopeful those ladies of the night will not return, but big wishful thing there I fear.

pat is what it is and will never change

On 2/28/2017 at 5:01 AM, Thechook said:

"all this was done for the good name of Pattaya and to protect tourists visiting the area"

What exactly was the good name?

It means to protect all the good sex tourists visiting the area .  So the good name of Pattaya will continue. 

On 2/28/2017 at 0:35 PM, stephenterry said:

So what happened to all the short-time rooms above every bar on soi 6? Surely, that's what soi 6 is all about.

They search them all for over an hour and questioned deeply the bar girls in there, some several at a time...

All was given with free will, no money was exchanged, a few knees were shaky but all was totally in order...

They promised to come back next month as they were very impressed with the welcome..

Happy ending all over for a job well done.

Edited by CantSpell

Thai school Kindergarten teachers stamp on their students.  Thai Police stamp on bar owners with flourishing businesses.  Does anyone else see the natural progression of social interaction encouraged by traditional Thai authorities' interpretation of proper, acceptable behaviour?

Thai school Kindergarten teachers stamp on their students.  Thai Police stamp on bar owners with flourishing businesses.  Does anyone else see the natural progression of social interaction encouraged by traditional Thai authorities' interpretation of proper, acceptable behaviour?

I can't say I do see this.

On 2/28/2017 at 6:01 AM, ezzra said:

In the late 80's,  Manila was one of the biggest spot known for it's 

thriving and robust sex industry in the whole of SE Asia and probably in the

world, this industry was completely, and over night, wiped out by the

the city's cardinal and mayor at the time by simply shutting all the bars down

and sending thousands of workers on to the streets, and it stayed that way

until to today....

The bars just moved from Ermita to a complex on the corner of Roxas Boulevard and Ocampo St. on to the corner of EDSA and Roxas Boulevard.

And it took several years of illegal harassment by Mayor Lim to force the bars to move.