Low priced tyres...

cornishcarlos

We have an old Nissan pickup, which is our little work horse.

Haven't put a new set of tyres on for about 7 years !! Only gets used occasionally for plantation work or load carrying.

Need some new tyres but nothing too expensive.. Any recommendations as to make ? Plus a ball park figure ??

My Ranger has Michelin Latitude Cross, 5k a pop is a bit overkill for the beast :)

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Most work trucks used locally here get s/h tyres, depends if you have tyre shops like that near you. 

I'd rather buy new... 

Mrs has already checked out a couple local shops, coming in at approx 1900 baht/tyre incl balancing.

Seems reasonable but not sure what brand she was quoted on ?

I'll be back home next week so will get it done...

Thanks all

38 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'd rather buy new... 

Mrs has already checked out a couple local shops, coming in at approx 1900 baht/tyre incl balancing.

Thanks all

I have a pair of Maxxis on the front of the car and a pair of Deestone on the rear. They are cheap tires but seem fine to me. I don't remember the price except they were a lot cheaper than Bridgestone.

There is nothing wrong with buying Deestone, Maxxis (even a Nissan GTR comes with maxxis tires standard), etc if it fits your lifestyle. Depending on the size, a set of maxxis tires can be bought for 6,000 baht.

• 2 months later...

Why using cheap tyres when the expensive ones only cost 8000 and do not need to be changed before 40000 kms ?

It not like something that you need to change monthly ! You really don't have anything else that is not life threatening to save about ?

With the rain here, good tyres are essential.

As my life depends a lot on these tyres when driving at 150+ I wouldn't take the risk.

Edited by bangkokairportlink

3 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Why using cheap tyres when the expensive ones only cost 8000 and do not need to be changed before 40000 kms ?

It not like something that you need to change monthly ! You really don't have anything else that is not life threatening to save about ?

As my life depends a lot on these tyres when driving at 150+ I wouldn't take the risk.

You have a valid point and I do have Michelin Lattitude Cross on my Ranger..

These are for our old Nissan pick up, which is a workhorse.

Never drive it fast as its normally loaded up with <deleted> :)

I'll buy good cheap tyres for this one and save my cash for other more important things, like brakes !!!

14 hours ago, bangkokairportlink said:

Think I would worry more about other stuff driving around at 150+ in LOS........:shock1:

Regardless of cost if a tyre has the round circle with an "E" in it on the side wall it has been tried, tested and approved for European use where the standards required are very high. My B-Quik Thunderers have this marking.

9 minutes ago, transam said:

Think I would worry more about other stuff driving around at 150+ in LOS........:shock1:

Regardless of cost if a tyre has the round circle with an "E" in it on the side wall it has been tried, tested and approved for European use where the standards required are very high. My B-Quik Thunderers have this marking.

CC ... Actually I go with what Trans says on this one, for your needs ... more than adequate and cheapish

On 3/1/2017 at 5:25 PM, cornishcarlos said:

I'd rather buy new... 

Thanks all

Way to go. :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, transam said:

Can I talk about my tyre pressure gauge now...?

ashamed-smiley-emoticon.png.ec965f66af8770c9034bccf95ae1af38.png

If it's a dial one then NO ... if it's a slider, as it's a holiday I don't see why not ....:post-4641-1156694572:

Cornish? Did you buy them yet? Go to Cockpit and get some Deestones. Depending on size about 2800 baht each. If as you say you don't go fast they will be fine. If you only buy two put the good ones on the front.

Most alphanumeric tires feature a load range of B, which indicates that they are restricted to the load that can be carried at a maximum inflation pressure of 32 psi. C, D, or E tires are capable of greater loads. Most load range C, D, and E tires are intended for light-truck applications. Just dont run thai pressures in your tires they aint made to run at 65 psi. I always buy maxxis brand but my car is old and not made for speed.

4 minutes ago, Hereinthailand said:

Most alphanumeric tires feature a load range of B, which indicates that they are restricted to the load that can be carried at a maximum inflation pressure of 32 psi. C, D, or E tires are capable of greater loads. Most load range C, D, and E tires are intended for light-truck applications. Just dont run thai pressures in your tires they aint made to run at 65 psi. I always buy maxxis brand but my car is old and not made for speed.

Talking tyre pressures.....I have a buddy....:intheclub:

40 minutes ago, tomwct said:

I buy my tires on Lazada. I normally buy Dunlop for my car and Michelin for my wife's. The discount is almost 50% off local prices in Korat and a shop will install them for 150 THB. 

Have you ever checked the manufacturing date ...