Top-cop says ThaiBev salary disclosure was a mistake

webfact

Top-cop says ThaiBev salary disclosure was a mistake

By Sasiwan Mokkhasen, Staff Reporter

Sanit1-2-696x521.jpg  

Bangkok’s police chief Lt. Gen. Sanit Mahathavorn questions a suspected robber Tuesday at Bang Rak Police Station in Bangkok.

BANGKOK — Bangkok’s police chief has sought to dispel concerns that paychecks he collected from the nation’s’ largest alcohol producer posed a conflict of interest by declaring they don’t exist.

Long overdue answers from Lt. Gen. Sanit Mahathavorn were made public Tuesday by the state ombudsman, which said he denied being paid a 50,000 baht salary to serve as an adviser to ThaiBev as indicated in financial disclosure documents bearing his signature.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/03/01/top-cop-says-thaibev-salary-disclosure-mistake/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-03-01

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bangkok’s police chief has sought to dispel concerns that paychecks he collected from the nation’s’ largest alcohol producer posed a conflict of interest by declaring they don’t exist."

" he denied being paid a 50,000 baht salary to serve as an adviser to ThaiBev as indicated in financial disclosure documents bearing his signature."

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

It did state that he holds 93 million baht worth of property and collected monthly remuneration of 1.43 million baht prior to taking a seat on the parliament, for which he is now paid an additional 113,560 baht per month.

He is among the top earners.
Did not know that police officers deserve so good salaries here.

I am confused. Is he lying about the truth or is he telling the truth about his previous lies?

There is an old saying which he should take note of:

"When you find yourself in a hole of your own making, the best thing to do is stop digging".

Previously I recall he said he needed more time to prepare the documents to explain the payments.

Now it turns out there were in fact no payments. I'm relieved to hear that nothing untoward has taken place here :smile:.

I totally believe this man. I totally believe that the 50,000 Baht he allegedly received monthly from ThaiBev was not supposed to be entered into the financial disclosure documents. I totally believe it was supposed to be paid under the table, i.e. without any record or trace. 

Now, since this is cleared up, I am still dying to know how this good and honorable man comes into a "remuneration" totaling some 40.000 US$ every single month. And since we're at it, how did he amass property roughly worth a combined 2,5 million US$?

Maybe we should give him a few months to cook up some amusing answers. As we've all noticed, he's apparently not the fastest of thinkers. 

Edited by Misterwhisper
rephrasing

The initial offence was bad enough. The explanation is risible and contemptuous of both the public and his legitimate employers. He could get away with this in only 4 or 5 countries in the world; how sad that Thailand is one of them.

I'm not surprised he made a mistake. If he is required to lead the questioning of the alleged thief of ThB 4060, a disposable lighter and a cup of Iced coffee (photo in OP) he must be a remarkably busy copper.

Anyway, a simple error any busy chap could make. Hey, I'm glad it's sorted, and no stain on his impeccable reputation.

44 minutes ago, tracker1 said:

This is unbelievable ! then again this is Thailand so therefore it isn't unbelievable !!!!

The photo is believable. 

He can't keep his hands off the money.

I bet that what's really eating him up and giving him the willies that he has

to concern himself and waste time with such a peanut amount among all the

other, allegedly, more lucrative payments......