English Teacher

If you have a degree in education you may be able to get a reasonably good job, however, if you don't you will have trouble and you may be asked to be on the wage paid to Asian teachers.  

4 hours ago, Scott said:

If you have a degree in education you may be able to get a reasonably good job, however, if you don't you will have trouble and you may be asked to be on the wage paid to Asian teachers.  

That would be great, because every Thai lecturer where I work earns a lot more than I do as a Westerner.

:-)

Do not modify the quote of anyone inside a quote box.   Here's the rule:

2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned.

He did not mention being a lecturer, he mentioned being a teacher, an English teacher to be exact.  

If you wish to bold something, then simply take it out of the quote box and you are free to deal with it how you want.  

I am giving advice based on my perception of what I glean from his post.   There is a section for higher education. 

The OP is welcome to add any information which will help clarify his situation.  

Hi Scott, yes I do have a degree from Australia but it's Computer Science. I know I can't teach this since I do not know Thai but am willing to learn and I think I can after I have settle down there. Is there a government website that I can go to? I did a search on google and the list that come out are not real I think

I have no idea of a gov't website, but for openings, you can check at ajarn.com which lists most of the openings.   Now, there will be little, but as the month progresses, there will be a lot.   Some of the schools do teach Computer subject in English.    

Archived