Can I Use Hotel Swimming Pools

MissAnge

Anybody know which of the hotels let you come in and pay a small fee (how much?) to use their hotel swimming pool? Anywhere close to the BTS would be best as I am in town this week and have a few hours each day that I need to kill.....

Not trying to be funny but if you are not a guest make sure they don't mistake you for an eastern european working girl a lot around in the hotel bars and pools of 5 star hotels at present....

in my board shorts and bathers top and my broad aussie accent i doubt anyone is going to mistake me for a working girl!!!

seriously though, do any of the bigger name hotels charge a fee and allow people to come in and use their pools... nothing dodgy, i've just got two hours every day this week between morning and afternoon Thai language lessons to kill and I thought reading a book by a pool might be nice.....

in my board shorts and bathers top and my broad aussie accent i doubt anyone is going to mistake me for a working girl!!!

seriously though, do any of the bigger name hotels charge a fee and allow people to come in and use their pools... nothing dodgy, i've just got two hours every day this week between morning and afternoon Thai language lessons to kill and I thought reading a book by a pool might be nice.....

Why don't you just try, walk in and ask for a towel ?

Hotel guests come and go and the pool-staff, most likely, NEVER know if you're a guest or not.

Give the guy/girl a small tip and when you leave...just smile and say:

"see you tomorrow" :o

LaoPo

Clark Hatch Fitness has gyms at some of the hotels here in BKK and charge a day fee. It's not that cheap at 500 baht, buyt may be worth it. They are at the Amari Watergate in Pratunam and are in Thaniya Plaza off Silom. Both have decent pools with direct sunlight!

Pratunam Princess is about 1000 for the day but has salt water swimming pool. It's hard to pretend to just come and ask for a towel since you are required to sign in and use room number. Most guest show up in the hotel bathrobes with bathers on underneath. Showing up with backpack and fully clothed is a dead give away. They are quick to figure this scam out. Being airline flight crew I have seen many people try this and have seen many being asked to leave after changing...ordering a drink and paying for it. Of course it works sometimes as well!

Clark Hatch at Amari Watergate was 400 baht a day last week

Clark Hatch at Windor Suites Hotel Suk Soi 18-20 (BTS Asok) is 350 baht a day

There is also Clark Hatch at Amari Atrium. (Can walk from Petchburi underground station) Dont know price.

Some hotels will know whether you are a guest of the hotel or not as they issue special pool towels to guests only.

Generally however, they turn a blind eye to outsiders who use their pool provided those people buy food and drink from the hotel outlets and give a cash tip to the waiter/waitress.

If they do charge you a fee, it is usually in the vicinity of 50 baht per day.

Edited by Mighty Mouse

• 2 weeks later...
Anybody know which of the hotels let you come in and pay a small fee (how much?) to use their hotel swimming pool? Anywhere close to the BTS would be best as I am in town this week and have a few hours each day that I need to kill.....

Try the swimming-pool at the top of Asia Hotel. A BTS station is right at the bottom (Ratchatewee, I think).

Some hotels will know whether you are a guest of the hotel or not as they issue special pool towels to guests only.

Generally however, they turn a blind eye to outsiders who use their pool provided those people buy food and drink from the hotel outlets and give a cash tip to the waiter/waitress.

If they do charge you a fee, it is usually in the vicinity of 50 baht per day.

Act like you belong and swim for free!!! :o

When you stay at hotels, how many times have you been asked if you are staying there? Exactly!

As another poster wrote, act like you belong. Turn up in shorts and flip flops and suncream in hand A cheery hello to the staff as you stroll to your lounger and maybe order a drink. If they try and charge it to your room just say "no thanks. I check out tomorrow" and a small tip will make you blend in.

I have enjoyed the pools of many of Bangkok's top hotels. Always paid for a drink and always rounded it up for the staff. Never been asked for a room number. However, the JW does ask for a key card to use the gym.

I think we all look the same to them.