Video: Hunt down this nasty piece of work - pick-up nutter sought online

webfact

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

The driver of the vehicle with the dashcam appears to be going at some speed.

Probably not a good idea on such a road. Had she been going a bit slower, surely her predicament could have been avoided. 

Why don't we all travel along at 50 km per hour all the time just in case some nutter in a pick-up drives towards us on the wrong side of the road?

On the other hand, perhaps we should drive at only 20 kmph just in case another nutter decides to walk out right in front of our vehicles?

You  obviously should drive within normal safety limits taking road and weather conditions into account but  you cannot always avoid other drivers' absolute stupidity.

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Of course she didn't deserve to end up in the hedge, but surely folk must agree that both drivers are completely inept and shouldn't be anywhere near a vehicle.

I agree!  :sleep:  The car driver should have just accelerated, extended her car's wings and then taken off, flying over the pick-up and landing safely on the other side.  

Geez, talk about trying to blame the victim.    What was she supposed to do?

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Police have stated that if the driver of the pick up truck is important there will be a defamation charge brought upon the uploader of the video. 

If not, the driver of the pick up will be prosecuted. :wink:

Hi-so people do not drive pick-ups!!!!!

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Of course she didn't deserve to end up in the hedge, but surely folk must agree that both drivers are completely inept and shouldn't be anywhere near a vehicle.

High speed, about 5 seconds(!) from the occurrence of the evil and no hard breaking to slowly swerve to the shoulder/make room?

(5 seconds: assuming the video is in normal playback)

It takes two for such an accident.

When you drive on a two lane roads in Thailand you better lookout for oncoming lunatics.

10 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

The driver of the vehicle with the dashcam appears to be going at some speed.

Probably not a good idea on such a road. Had she been going a bit slower, surely her predicament could have been avoided. 

The woman that was ran off the road was going to fast? That's your take on this? Simply amazing.

Very common occurence on Thai country roads. The only option was to roll the car. Head on collision would have resulted in death.

I would get the video enhanced and hire a private investigator to find the perpertrator. Then take them to court. They can buy me a new car. 

I know it is self incriminating, buy my dash cams are GPS based and records route and speed. I think they should be made law and compulsory. The police would have no problem then in deciding who was speeding etc.

It would be so simple for car makers to install these at time of manufacture but why bother, safety is not important and people like to speed.

Video: Hunt down this nasty piece of work - pick-up nutter sought online

3am.jpg
Picture Daily News

NAKHON SAWAN: -- An online hunt is underway after a pick-up driver was caught on dash cam footage driving like a complete lunatic.

The video showed a Toyota overtaking a lorry causing the woman in the oncoming car to have to swerve off the road to avoid a possible fatal collision, Daily News reported.

The woman ended up injured off the road as her own vehicle overturned in the undergrowth.

While the Toyota driver just sped off offering no help whatsoever.

The footage was posted on the Facebook page of 'TukTuk Napalntum'. The poster said that the incident happened opposite Suan Lung Sorn, in Nong Bua district of Nakorn Sawan.

The woman driver had some choice words for the person in the Toyota who she described as selfish and lacking any compassion. She exhorted social media users to make every effort to try and track down the driver and bring him to justice.

No mention of police involvement was made in the Daily News story.

Source: Daily News
  tvn_logo.jpg -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-02   [/url]

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Thaivisa Connect mobile app