Met office: Brace for 42 degree heat in the second half of March

webfact

Met office: Brace for 42 degree heat in the second half of March

4am.jpg

Picture: Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Thai weathermen have said that temperatures in the North, Isan and the Central region will rise to 40 - 42 degrees C in the second half of March.

This will be above average for the time of the year.

Though they said there is also an above average chance of rain from summer storms that could bring the temperatures down on some days, Thairath reported.

Before the middle of the month the North and Isan will experience continuing cool mornings and hot days.

High winds will hit the South in the second half of the month.

Some areas nationwide could experience hail storms towards the latter part of the month.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-03-02

35 minutes ago, RotMahKid said:

Typical Thai weather forecast; it can be 40-42, but also a big change to get lower temperatures :huh:

What´s typical? In every country they say that temperatures might reach the highest temperatures at certain points, and it also can be combined with rain and storms some days that lower the temperatures.

Some people just need to find or make up things to complain about, when there is none.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

42 degrees well that will give me something to moan about.

Grumpy old buggers like me are not happy unless we have something to moan about.  :post-4641-1156693976:

If there's nothing else, the weather is a safe bet and politically correct . . . . . . at present

Can't wait for next forecast...

It will rain some time after Songkhran... 

And this may last until the end of the raining season but could also last longer... 

And next winter will be cold in the north.. woohoo.

Nostradamus disciples ain't they?

This year in bangkok it's been a cool Feb. We had about 2 weeks last month where temps were 18 and 19* in the early morning.  There was some cool air this morning and tomorrow will be 22* low, that's pretty mild for March in Bangkok, March is usually insanely hot everyday of the month.  The central & northern area's have been colder than normal and obviously much cooler than bangkok.

I don't know where they get this 'prediction' that in a few weeks from now it will be so hot, other than March is the middle of summer here and it always gets hot so why do we have to 'brace' for it like its some kind of a storm.. pointless press release.

Edited by pkspeaker

Time to visit the pharmacist and stock up on prickly heat powder, skin creams, lotions and nappy rash cream. I have such sensitive skin. I hope I don't get another cyst on my back again. It was so painful when I went to hospital to get it lanced off. I think it's time to invest in air conditioning downstairs and not just the bedroom.

8 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Time to visit the pharmacist and stock up on prickly heat powder, skin creams, lotions and nappy rash cream. I have such sensitive skin. I hope I don't get another cyst on my back again. It was so painful when I went to hospital to get it lanced off. I think it's time to invest in air conditioning downstairs and not just the bedroom.

Any other totally private/personal things you wish to share? Colour of toilet paper perhaps ? The condition of your recurring hemorrhoid ?

8 hours ago, Scottie12 said:

Colinneil and I would get on fine, my wife says I am a grumpy old bugger and never happier unless I have something to moan about. Roll on 42 degrees !

But never moaning about yourself ? Correct right ?

1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

I hope I don't get another cyst on my back again. It was so painful when I went to hospital to get it lanced off.

Stop. I am trying to eat my dinner. :wacko:

Edited by NCC1701A